Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Retained accessory power problem...

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 01:15 AM
zsipe41 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Retained accessory power problem...

After looking at this site for a while I have decided to make my first post. I think you guys might be able to help me out here. A couple months ago my 2000 Blazer was broke into and had the whole dash ripped out for a cheapo cd player. They pried open my door to get in and caused $1300 in damage for a $50 cd player. Yeah I dont get it either. It was in a busy parking lot during the day. Anyways, I got it all fixedby my insurance company and had a new cd playerand alarm installed. When I was talking to the guy thatinstalled everything, I asked what happened to the RAP. He said I never had it to begin with which I know I did becauseI loved having it and it comes on the Blazers. He said he couldnt do anything else for me. So my question is, does anybody know what could have happendto it? The cd player that was stolen was an aftermarket cd player.Is it in the wiring harness or what? Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated!
Thanks, Zach

Old 02-05-2007, 07:55 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Retained accessory power problem...

1st, whats a rap? acronym(sp)?

Old 02-05-2007, 08:20 PM

RAP- Retained Accessory Power

Old 02-05-2007, 08:30 PM
lastcoupe is an unknown quantity at this point

The RAP relay is usually controlled by the BCM. I would start by looking closely inside the door that was pryed open, the idiots probably damaged the door adjar switch, and the BCM thinks that the door is open so it just never turns the RAP relay on. If you have access to a tech 2 scanner you can look at the data to see if the switch is active or inactive and you'll know right away. Before you ask, the adjar switch is seperate from the door jamb switch, and is just an input to the BCM. If it's bad it will not turn on the dome lamps IIRC. Let me know what you come up with.

Old 02-06-2007, 12:30 AM

Well they replaced my whole door and lock so I dont believe that would be the problem because all of that stuff is new. Could it be something in my dash from where they ripped out the old cd player? The guy who installed the new cd player said something about the wiring harness not having a spot for the retained accessory power. I dont know if that has anything to do with it or not.

Old 02-06-2007, 01:03 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

ah! duh! lol I picked that up when i saw the title again......