Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

In search of new headunit... advice?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 02:16 AM
dbleon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default In search of new headunit... advice?

Well my girlfriends stereo was stolen (damn theives), so I kicked her down my nice alpine unit with ipod interface. Now I have the excuse to upgrade a little. I am looking to spend around 300 (give or take), and I want something with excellent ipod interface, andhigh voltage preamps. I am partial to alpine, because my $200 alpine sounded twice as good as my $350 premier. I am looking strongly at panasonic and eclipse along with alpine, but Im open to all suggestions. Thanks guys!

Old 12-22-2007, 03:10 AM
felonyblazer96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: In search of new headunit... advice?

i dont like jenson but you can get a 7 inch touch screen jenson for 289...amp outs and everything

Old 12-22-2007, 11:55 AM
Jharper is infamous around these partsJharper is infamous around these parts

i have an Alpine Head Unit for sale for 175 o.b.o. i paid 325 brand new, it comes with ipod interface that lets you controll the ipod on the unit, i love it, but i found a touch screen so im selling this one to buy the touch screen.

Old 12-22-2007, 06:15 PM
Mr Blazer LT is an unknown quantity at this point

Alpine's don't seem to have that high of preamp voltage compared to others. Not that it should matter that much cuz they are still nice units.

You could get a used DVD receiver from Ebay too.

Old 12-22-2007, 07:28 PM

What do you guys think of this http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...4&skipCS=Y..... it has 4v preamps and what looks to be a nice ipod interface. It also has nice sound processing features for $300. Plus it has usb, aux input, and its a brand new model. I like eclipse, but itsout of my pricerange and seems inferior compared to the alpine feature wise. I already can vouch for alpines sound quality, no experience with the eclipse. Any suggestions? Thanks

Daniel

Old 12-22-2007, 07:59 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

that 9886 is a nice radio. have put a bunch of them in with no problems as of yet!

Old 12-22-2007, 08:46 PM

ORIGINAL: hillbillyinOhio

that 9886 is a nice radio. have put a bunch of them in with no problems as of yet!
How's the ipod interface? You've done alot of these.. how do they compare to other brands in the same price range? Thanks

Daniel

Old 12-22-2007, 08:54 PM
Mr Blazer LT is an unknown quantity at this point

Eclipse is considered just as high end as Alpine is, if not more. I've only known one guy who used Eclipse products, an entire Eclipse system in his Durango, andI was quiteimpressed with the sound quality.

Old 12-22-2007, 09:02 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

they are excellent. But if your main concern is Ipod, why dont you get the IDA-X001???

Old 12-22-2007, 10:01 PM

ORIGINAL: hillbillyinOhio

they are excellent. But if your main concern is Ipod, why dont you get the IDA-X001???
Its nice but I think I still want the option of using cd's.... I have tons of mp3 discs chalk full of music, but then again I also have a 160gb ipod. Could you maybe touch on the difference in sound quality and options between the two? I think the 9886 has much more to offer for sound processing control and expandability (via usb and aux input). I have just not heard very many good things about the IDA

Quick Reply: In search of new headunit... advice?