Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Video Electronics (https://blazerforum.com/forum/audio-video-electronics-8/)
-   -   silver star (https://blazerforum.com/forum/audio-video-electronics-8/silver-star-15664/)

swartlkk 12-25-2007 01:04 PM

RE: silver star

I never had good luck with the regular silverstar bulbs, but I have heard good things about the ultras.

NoPh33rRaCiNg 12-25-2007 02:07 PM

i bought ultras, they are def a step up from stock, but i kinda wanted something even brighter and with a hint of blue so i picked up some vision bulbs from the local audio store that were 35 a set and were really bright white, with a little blue in it

lennyblazer 12-25-2007 04:02 PM

ORIGINAL: cloak01ls

I replaced all of my bulbs with the Sylvania SilverStars. The 9005, 9006, and 3157's...The headlights are definately more clear and a little brighter than stock. I love the 3157's I got that are a bluish silver metallic that lights up amber. Theyre made for clear corners and they work perfect...
I have both my high and low beams with the original silverstar bulbs. they are great i like them a lot, especially combined with the High-Low beam kit (where the low beams stay on with the highbeams). This kit with the silverstars is amazing in the dark UP roads at night and really nice in the winter time.

Mr Blazer LT 12-26-2007 10:58 PM

Silverstars are nice, but I like my PIAAs better.;)

lennyblazer 12-27-2007 12:32 AM

Yeah I have heard good things about the PIAA's but they are too expensive for me, when you can get good silverstars from the car parts store or ebay for pretty cheap (i got mine for like $40-$45 for both low and high beams combined including shipping, where just the low beams or high beams would be that price or more from PIAA).

dimmuborgir6nik6 12-27-2007 01:12 AM

I saw the same ones I got online in Autozone, only I got the high beams by accident. The high beams are much brighter, and look kinda blue.
I might pick up the low beams instead, since those are def more important.
I almost never use my high beams, especially because I'm about to throw on these KC 3x5 lights I've had sitting around.

thegr81 12-27-2007 05:16 AM

The ultra's are the best when it comes to bulb selection from sylvainia. The regular ones just don't cut it when it comes to high output of light!!

RCars2 12-27-2007 10:35 AM

I used to have the ultras before my accident but the guys at the body shop put in a set of stock generic bulbs despite me telling them to keep the silverstars in there.....twice. Anyways, i love those bulbs to death. They do make oneheck of a difference in lightingup the road, especially for neighborhoods with crappy lighting or old backroads.

95_4door 12-27-2007 12:41 PM

SilverStar bulbs are really nice.
I've heard a couple of complaints on them though. I've been told that you animals eyes don't 'reflect' like they do with other lights.
I've got Hella bulbs in my truck and in my wifes car. They are bright and have a slight blue tint. The only bad thing is that one burns out every 6 months or so.

There is a little trick to put 9005 (hight beams) in all 4 lights (high and low).
The easy method is to just cut the tabs off on the bulbs and throw them in, you might have to 'fight' with them to get them in a bit if you don't do the whole mod.

drperry 12-27-2007 04:29 PM

My brother burns out his Silverstars on his Grand Prix every 6 months or so... I don't think they like being at low voltage for daytime running lights... At least in a single high/low bulb setup...