Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Video Electronics (https://blazerforum.com/forum/audio-video-electronics-8/)
-   -   silver star (https://blazerforum.com/forum/audio-video-electronics-8/silver-star-15664/)

Mr Blazer LT 12-27-2007 05:25 PM

RE: silver star

Yeah, PIAAs are expensive. At least they give ya a one year warranty that is honored by most shops.

RCars2 12-27-2007 05:27 PM

ORIGINAL: drperry

My brother burns out his Silverstars on his Grand Prix every 6 months or so... I don't think they like being at low voltage for daytime running lights... At least in a single high/low bulb setup...
Thats kinda odd, my ultras i had in for about a year and i have DRL and they never popped. Bad luck i guess for your brother.

drperry 12-27-2007 05:37 PM

Could be a side effect of it being a 2 lamp system instead of 4 lamp...

Granted most halogens have a 200 or so hour lifespan, lol.

blznlowxtreme 12-27-2007 05:38 PM

ORIGINAL: 95_4door

There is a little trick to put 9005 (hight beams) in all 4 lights (high and low).
The easy method is to just cut the tabs off on the bulbs and throw them in, you might have to 'fight' with them to get them in a bit if you don't do the whole mod.

well i tried to put them in last night and found that in my new projectors i have 9005 in all 4 lights. so the ones i bought wont work, but for some reason the new bulbs had 3 prongs on them and the blazer only has a plug for 2 so i dont know what buls i got, it says 9006 su/2. so now i have to take them back and swap them

drperry 12-27-2007 05:44 PM

That's odd... First time I've heard of a projector having a 9005 lowbeam... If you're lucky, they're 9006, or otherwise usually H1...

Got any pics of your projectors?

As for the bulb... Make sure you didn't get a 9006XS or whatever it is for the new GM's... They're slightly different.

lennyblazer 12-27-2007 05:44 PM

Yeah I have had my silverstars in for about 1.5 years now in both high and low beam, with the DRL high beams. I have put 13,000 miles on too in that time, and use them and the high beams a lot driving in the middle of nowhere in the UP and northern WI.

95_4door 12-27-2007 06:07 PM

It sounds like the bulbs you bought were mispackaged. I think the H11 has three prongs.

I have seen projectors that have 9005 as low beam. The ones my buddy got for his s10 had that. They are really bright.

blznlowxtreme 12-27-2007 07:36 PM

i was surprised to see the 9005 in it to, but thats what is in there. i dont have pix yet, its been raining almost everyday since i put them in, hopefully this weekend i can get some pix, i am still waiting on my led replacements to come in too, it really doesn't look right w/ a white led halo and the dim almost amber corner and bumper light. hopefully i can get all this weekend before i take the pix

*edit* im not really sure on the bulbs, h1 is the lowest and 9006 is better and 9005 is best of the 3? so did i come out good with the 9005's in my prjectors or are the h1 better?

Indo G 01-05-2008 12:51 AM

i have every one of my exterior bulbs replaced with Sylvania SilverStars. With the brights i can see a huge difference. Brake Lights, signals, the works. Sylvania SilverStars are worth the money. (i also got them for the sale price ;D)

dimmuborgir6nik6 01-05-2008 01:07 AM

I'm currently running Silverstar Ultras for my high beams (Bought the 9005's instead of the 9006's by accident). When I am using my high beams, they look great, and I noticed they made my low beams look whiter and clearer regardless.

ORIGINAL: Mr Blazer LT

Silverstars are nice, but I like my PIAAs better.;)
I just ordered a pair of PIAA Super Plasmas GT-X bulbs to replace my Silverstars. I ordered the lights a while ago, actually. I'm waiting for their warehouse to get another shipment in. I should've had em by now.. The Sylvania's aren't giving me problems, I like them a lot, it's just that the high beams do me no good. When I do use my high beams, they light up everything pretty well, with a blue tint. It just doesn't light up the road..