Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

silver star

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 01:04 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: silver star

I never had good luck with the regular silverstar bulbs, but I have heard good things about the ultras.

Old 12-25-2007, 02:07 PM
Starting Member
NoPh33rRaCiNg is an unknown quantity at this point

i bought ultras, they are def a step up from stock, but i kinda wanted something even brighter and with a hint of blue so i picked up some vision bulbs from the local audio store that were 35 a set and were really bright white, with a little blue in it

Old 12-25-2007, 04:02 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

ORIGINAL: cloak01ls

I replaced all of my bulbs with the Sylvania SilverStars. The 9005, 9006, and 3157's...The headlights are definately more clear and a little brighter than stock. I love the 3157's I got that are a bluish silver metallic that lights up amber. Theyre made for clear corners and they work perfect...
I have both my high and low beams with the original silverstar bulbs. they are great i like them a lot, especially combined with the High-Low beam kit (where the low beams stay on with the highbeams). This kit with the silverstars is amazing in the dark UP roads at night and really nice in the winter time.

Old 12-26-2007, 10:58 PM
Mr Blazer LT is an unknown quantity at this point

Silverstars are nice, but I like my PIAAs better.

Old 12-27-2007, 12:32 AM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

Yeah I have heard good things about the PIAA's but they are too expensive for me, when you can get good silverstars from the car parts store or ebay for pretty cheap (i got mine for like $40-$45 for both low and high beams combined including shipping, where just the low beams or high beams would be that price or more from PIAA).

Old 12-27-2007, 01:12 AM
dimmuborgir6nik6 is an unknown quantity at this point

I saw the same ones I got online in Autozone, only I got the high beams by accident. The high beams are much brighter, and look kinda blue.
I might pick up the low beams instead, since those are def more important.
I almost never use my high beams, especially because I'm about to throw on these KC 3x5 lights I've had sitting around.

Old 12-27-2007, 05:16 AM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

The ultra's are the best when it comes to bulb selection from sylvainia. The regular ones just don't cut it when it comes to high output of light!!

Old 12-27-2007, 10:35 AM
RCars2 is an unknown quantity at this point

I used to have the ultras before my accident but the guys at the body shop put in a set of stock generic bulbs despite me telling them to keep the silverstars in there.....twice. Anyways, i love those bulbs to death. They do make oneheck of a difference in lightingup the road, especially for neighborhoods with crappy lighting or old backroads.

Old 12-27-2007, 12:41 PM
95_4door is an unknown quantity at this point

SilverStar bulbs are really nice.
I've heard a couple of complaints on them though. I've been told that you animals eyes don't 'reflect' like they do with other lights.
I've got Hella bulbs in my truck and in my wifes car. They are bright and have a slight blue tint. The only bad thing is that one burns out every 6 months or so.

There is a little trick to put 9005 (hight beams) in all 4 lights (high and low).
The easy method is to just cut the tabs off on the bulbs and throw them in, you might have to 'fight' with them to get them in a bit if you don't do the whole mod.

Old 12-27-2007, 04:29 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

My brother burns out his Silverstars on his Grand Prix every 6 months or so... I don't think they like being at low voltage for daytime running lights... At least in a single high/low bulb setup...

Quick Reply: silver star