Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Speaker install instructions?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 09:26 AM
BLK85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Speaker install instructions?

This is mostly directed to "hillybilly" since I saw you had the detailed install instructions(weather you made it or got it somewhere else) for the CD player. I was wondering if you or anyone else may have instructions on how to how to replace the speakers. I know you will have to pop the door pannels off but I cant see anyway to do it. After that Im sure I can figure it out, since then its probaly just a few wires and screws. Any help would be great,also these would be the rear speakers.

Old 04-26-2007, 10:48 AM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation
Default RE: Speaker install instructions?

Well, I guess I have two many cars in my head, because I cant remember exactly on how to do it, but here goes. Roll down the window, thinking two screws under small cover in main door pull. 1 screw in area of door handle. Pull up the switch panel, unplug the harness for power windows. unclip panel from the door. If you break a few clips, goto the parts store and buy a box of them for 5 bucks,(you get 16).

Speaker wires for rears are Brown + yellow -, (drivers side) and Dark Blue +, Light Blue - (pass side)

Old 05-01-2007, 02:43 AM
BLK85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Speaker install instructions?

ORIGINAL: hillbillyinOhio

Well, I guess I have two many cars in my head, because I cant remember exactly on how to do it, but here goes. Roll down the window, thinking two screws under small cover in main door pull. 1 screw in area of door handle. Pull up the switch panel, unplug the harness for power windows. unclip panel from the door. If you break a few clips, goto the parts store and buy a box of them for 5 bucks,(you get 16).

Speaker wires for rears are Brown + yellow -, (drivers side) and Dark Blue +, Light Blue - (pass side)
You must be thinking the wrong car. Well thinking about a few different ones because some of it was right some wasnt. Oh well after I figured out how to do it it took me 5 minutes.