Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

speaker setup

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 08:26 PM
RedBlaze is an unknown quantity at this point
Default speaker setup

Hey i have a 2000 blazer 2dr. non bose will all factory speakers. I have the factory tweeters, 7" in the door and 6x9 midpanels. I am planning on putting all new speakers in. I was wondering if anybody could tell me a good setup with Alpines or maybe infinitys.

Old 11-17-2005, 12:38 AM
2001blazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: speaker setup

i personally love my alpine system its all described below (see sig) but im sure the type r speakers would sound great aswell but then u pretty much have to amp them and i didnt want to do that so i got type s

Old 11-17-2005, 04:10 PM

One last question. Has anybody ever had any experience with buying speakers off of ebay?? I was thinking about getting my speakers from there. Obviously I would only buy from a power seller with great feedback. Many of them claim their items are brand new in the box and still have warrantys. I was just wondering if anybody has ever went this route and what were the results. I dont want to get some speakers and have them crap out in a few days.

Old 11-17-2005, 07:04 PM
drkmelvin is an unknown quantity at this point

But from a store...get a good warranty

Buy from ebay...take your chances

Old 11-17-2005, 08:22 PM

buy from the store idk where u live but i go to bestbuy>>> (u know what ur getting) u could always go to ebay BUT>>> (u dont always know what ur getting) my choice was bestbuy but im sure the deals are better on ebay and all that stuff

Old 11-18-2005, 12:46 AM

ok i went to crutchfield and have done a little looking around and i think i have figured out a decent setup

Infinity Reference 1011t for the tweets

6 1/2" Infinity Reference 6012si for the front doors

6x9" kicker ks69 for my midpanels. ( i was gonna go with infinity reference 9612i but crutchfield says they wont fit and the rest of the models are out of my price range.)

I know there are some higher quality speakers I could get but I am just trying to get the best bang for my buck. The main thing i want is clearer mids and highs and i think this setup will do it. I have subs hooked up so im not really worried about the bass repsonse. Any opinions on this setup?? and how easy is it to install the new tweets?? if there any modification that has to be done so they will fit?

Old 12-03-2005, 01:12 AM
2000ZR2 is an unknown quantity at this point

IF you like geting SCREWED over by BESTBUY and CIRCUIT CITY and TWEETER go to them but you can find alot of good places on the net like etronics.com i got 2 systems from them and they offer some good stuff but they also have junk but when you pay 10 bucks for speakers you got to wonder how good
the stuff is but personally i like heavy metal rock and tight sounding bass and i have all power acoustik speakers, components, subs, amps the bass is tight and hard and i love how crazy how the speakers play all frequencies and can take an exessive amount of power its nice listening to it and the drummer goes into a 3 min solo an you can hear the bass the snare the high hats

Old 12-03-2005, 05:15 PM

this thread is dead.....and u dont always get screwed over by bestbuy i got 2 sets of alpine type s speakers for 160 narmally there 200 and they gave me discounts like that on everything but then again i did by quite a bit of stuff[sm=guilty.gif]

Old 12-04-2005, 01:30 AM
2000ZR2 is an unknown quantity at this point

yea i didnt look at the date i just think they deffentally add the middle man retail price in there its not saying that they have crappy stereo stuff its just they prices are high compared to crutchfield and etronics i got my alpine type s's for a 100 dollars at crutchfield

Old 12-04-2005, 10:12 AM
FatRyan is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: RedBlaze

One last question. Has anybody ever had any experience with buying speakers off of ebay?? I was thinking about getting my speakers from there. Obviously I would only buy from a power seller with great feedback. Many of them claim their items are brand new in the box and still have warrantys. I was just wondering if anybody has ever went this route and what were the results. I dont want to get some speakers and have them crap out in a few days.
i buy ALL my gear from ebay (except for my recent deck purchase), and ive never had a problem. its safe man

Quick Reply: speaker setup