Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Speaker sizes of a 2000 LT 4 door Blazer?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 11:05 PM
Starting Member
ravenhurst is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Build

I've got a question about a 2 way 4x6. Is the current connection that's hooked up to my in dash stock tweet going to work with a cheap pioneer 2way 4x6? Will I need an adapter?

Old 06-15-2010, 11:33 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

you won't hear any bass. I wired my 4x6's to the front channel along with the door speakers. sounds much better

Old 06-16-2010, 01:36 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by Benedict1337
you won't hear any bass. I wired my 4x6's to the front channel along with the door speakers. sounds much better
So the current connection to the stock tweets in the dash is not enough for a drop in pioneer 2way?

I wasn't planning on replacing the door speakers yet. Doing a little at a time and I'm trying to keep my budget as low as possible, but still going above stock quality.

What would I need to do for the dash speakers to make them have full sound quality?

Old 06-16-2010, 03:37 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

rewire the input to the radio so that they play full range rather than just the highs. our trucks are actually more sophisticated than most think. the front doors are midbass and the dash are tweeters. you have to bypass the crossover..... ask benedict, he did it. i didn't

Old 06-16-2010, 07:19 PM
Starting Member

Perhaps it would be easier to get a set of component speakers? haha... put the tweeters in the dash and the new speakers in the door.

Old 06-16-2010, 07:36 PM
BF Veteran

yes but then it would also sound better imo if you amplified them which is more work. but a better payoff in the end i believe.

with components you will notice a big difference in sound when you go from the 4x6 to a 3/4" or 1" tweeter

Old 06-16-2010, 07:52 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by MTopper
yes but then it would also sound better imo if you amplified them which is more work. but a better payoff in the end i believe.

with components you will notice a big difference in sound when you go from the 4x6 to a 3/4" or 1" tweeter
Yeah, not planning on amplifying anything. I'm replacing the HU with a Dual Electronics HD receiver, since Las Vegas transmits in HD everywhere. Plus it has a USB port so I can plug an external with all my music. It's also got phone bluetooth, but all this is besides the point... my wifes 2004 blazer sounds awesome, and mine, lacks. I just want to replace the basic speakers so I can enjoy music a little more than what stock can deliver.

I don't understand what you mean, if I go form 4x6 to a 1 inch tweeter... I only have tweeters in the dash and 6.5" in the doors currently. (stock)

My plan was to buy a set of speakers... either a set of 2way 4x6 to put in the dash, or a set of component and replace the front door 6.5's and the tweeters in the dash. I was hoping not to have to rewire anything, so the component set might be the way to go.

Either way, I've got the antenna adapter, wiring harness, in dash receiver kit and hopefully tonight a set of speakers picked out ready to get purchased and mailed.

Old 06-16-2010, 08:00 PM
BF Veteran

oh? i guess i have a weird truck. i have 4x6 in my dash and they say delco on the back. who knows, bought it used...

i'll just leave it at this. i have stock dash, Pioneer 6.5 coaxials in the doors and it sounds better than stock with my Pioneer head unit. components give you a different kind of sound that not everyone likes. i personally love the separation you get, some people hate it. all personal choice. so, some simple drop in replacements will sound good, components are the best option IMO but only if you can give them enough power. so, keep asking questions and we'll see what we can do to help you

Old 06-16-2010, 08:31 PM
Starting Member

Yeah, I too was surprised to see just 1" tweet's in the dash when I took the covers off. Since I'm used to the sound of component style output, I think I'll just stick with it.

I'm looking at crutchfield's website for component speakers right now. Difficult to find a set of door speakers and just the two tweets. I could care less about the subwoofer speaker. =P Just want 2 normal and 2 tweets.

The output of the HU I want ot get is 4 x 50 Watts peak power with one RCA pre-amp output. Whatever that means.

Here's what I picked out for speakers. What do you think? If I HAVE to rewire... I'll suck it up. I'm taking the whole dash out to change the heater core anyway. http://www.crutchfield.com/p_575R152...=detailed_info

Last edited by ravenhurst; 06-16-2010 at 08:51 PM.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:35 PM
BF Veteran

i like rockford speakers. but why 5.25? why not the 6.5s for the same price? just curious is all.

those are some of the easiest components i've read about. thats not a bad thing. for mine, i have a completely separate crossover i have to figure out where to mount.

Those could honestly work great with the stock wiring and what no depending on the cross over points on the stock radio.

Quick Reply: Speaker sizes of a 2000 LT 4 door Blazer?