Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

speakers in my truck bed??

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 02:08 AM
Starting Member
woodsballr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default speakers in my truck bed??

hey guys i was wondering if it would be possible to put speakers in the bed of my truck. as you can see its a 1985Sierra. theres a drive in up here that i go to a lot with my girlfriend and they stopped using the outdoor speakers and the audio now is broadcast on 89.5. we like to watch the movie backed into a spot in the back sitting on the back seat of my old '91 S10 that i took out for that purpose. its hard to hear sometimes, especially if i dont turn the radio up real loud in the front. thats one of the bigger reasons i was wondering if i could put speakers in the back. maybe under the toolbox? the guy who i bought the truck from put an amplifier under the seat so the radio is pretty loud and sensitive to volume changes. he also made it so that i can plug ina portable DVD player to use as a CD player as the radio is original. if it makes a difference i can determine the make of the amplifier. also how easy will this be to do and how much will it cost? im not that good with electronics and im in high school so im on a budget. any help will be much appreciated. thanks in advance.

Old 07-29-2007, 03:44 AM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: speakers in my truck bed??

You could try using marine speakers/subwoofers. I know kicker offeres some.

Linky

Old 07-29-2007, 11:37 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

get a power inverter and use a clock radio, lol

Old 08-02-2007, 10:40 PM
bmxrr1990 is an unknown quantity at this point

boom box and a lot of them batterys

Old 08-04-2007, 06:32 PM
blazerboy124 is an unknown quantity at this point

it is possible, my frind kind of rigged his up, were also in highschool, what he did was mounted marine speakers in the 4 corners of his bed and took a flexible plastic tubing andran his wires through that and hooked the speakers up to a switch so that he could turn them on and off. afterthe speakers were mountedand wired he connected them to his head unit and surprisingly it workedthe first time and it worked well. i will talk to him and see exactly what hedid, the response may take a while, he works nights and i work days, so...conflicting schedules= may take some time. but i'll keep you posted.

Old 08-11-2007, 08:19 PM
blazerboy124 is an unknown quantity at this point

okay, so i talked to my friend who did this, i dont remember how he wired up the switch, i think he just used a regular switch, but what he did was what i said before but he used heat shrink tubing ( i dont know where he got it or how much it was) but he ran the wires through that and then drilled a hole through his bed big enough for the wires and tubing and then through the corner of his cab and after he got it all wired up he put caulking in the holes to seal them and they still work to this day (he did it a few years ago) so thats how he did it. i hope you can get yours wired up and post pics