Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

# of speakers in this thing and what size

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 03:29 AM
Starting Member
trippin_ez is on a distinguished road
Unhappy # of speakers in this thing and what size

i have a 04 blazer ls 4dr 4wd...i know that there is one in each door and i hear the noise comeing from those but i guess my question is do all blazers come with speakers in the dash speaker ports or do i have to buy some and put them in there... and whaat is the size of all the speakers...trying to get a loud bassy system and idk what i am doing in the chevy blazed

Old 11-27-2012, 03:34 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Door speakers are 6.5 inch and there is space for two 4x6 in the dash, but your blazer may or may not have come with some there.

Old 11-27-2012, 09:20 AM
altoncustomtech will become famous soon enough

Thogert is correct. All the door speakers are 6.5" and the dash are 4x6", although the most common thing from the factory was a steel plate with a tweeter mounted on it for that location.

Could you explain your goals a little more clearly though? It's not too hard to get loud from speakers, getting a lot of bass is a bit tougher from 6.5" speakers though. What kind of budget are you looking at? Do you plan on adding a sub or multiple subs to the truck? How much room are you willing to give up to the system? What are your fabrication and installation skills like, how much experience do you have?

The answers to those questions can help a lot to get you some good recommendations. The majority of it comes down to your budget. If you're only wanting to put $200 or $300 into it, there's a limited number of options. The more you can budget, the more you can do of course. I've done some surprisingly great sounding setups that had pretty good output with a simple set of components, a single sub and a good 4 channel amp for around $600. My sister, for example, got a Kenwood HU, replaced all four speakers in her truck, got a 12" sub and a 5 channel amp to run it all for right at $800. All her friends are jealous and compliment her on it constantly.

Give me some answers to those questions, as much information as you can think of to include, and we'll get you some great suggestions that will fit your goals and budget. Remember, you don't need to get it all at one time. A little patience can go a LONG way to getting what you REALLY WANT and NEED instead of buying the cheapest stuff possible to get the instant gratification. Trust me, instant gratification doesn't last long and almost always leaves you wanting more or regretting the purchase all together.