Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Stereo Wiring and Install Parts

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 04:29 PM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough
Default <3

love this thread!

Old 05-31-2010, 10:47 AM

not really understanding the wiring stuff lol

im dumb..

i have the wiring adapter and im using a pioneer hd and im confused on the color codes.

Please spell it out for me a little better lol

Old 05-31-2010, 07:36 PM

this is the cd player i have.

http://audio.manualsonline.com/manua...r/deh2700.html

trying to figure out how to wire it properly to my adapter witch is the correct one listed here.

Old 05-31-2010, 10:05 PM

nvm, got it hooked up. just need to buy the dash kit now.

Old 06-02-2010, 07:13 AM
Starting Member
tconner99 is on a distinguished road

12V+ Orange
Switched 12V+ Yellow
Ground Black
Illumination Gray
Dimmer Brown
Antenna Trigger Pink
Antenna Right Front
Front Speakers 4" x 6" Dash
Left Front (+) Tan
Left Front (-) Gray
Right Front (+) Light Green
Right Front (-) Dark Green
Rear Speakers 6" x 9" Side Panels
Left Rear (+) Brown
Left Rear (-) Yellow
Right Rear (+) Dark Blue
Right Rear (-) Light Blue
I am having a heck of a time getting the power from my 98 Blazer to my kenwood head unit. I didn't buy the wiring adapter so I clipped the wires from the truck that were specified in Hillbilly's post. There are 2 yellows, there is only 1 yellow on my harness.

Pretty much what I am doing is:
Truck - to - Aftermarket
yellow - red
orange - yellow
black - black

I do that and I get no power on the head unit.

Another question, how do I get all 6 speakers working and there are 3 green wires on the harness. There is also another factory harnesses coming from the truck into the radio, should I leave the second one alone?

--- edit

I did what everybody else has seemed to do and bought the wiring harness (GM02B from BestBuy) that says it is for GM 1988 and up, and it worked perfectly. All 6 speakers work, and I don't care about the tape deck.

Last edited by tconner99; 06-03-2010 at 06:26 AM.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:02 AM
Beginning Member
rockislife04 is on a distinguished road

If i have a 98 blazer 4x4 4 door(t10) is it a "double size" head unit or a normal and what is the bracket i should use if i get a single size. please let me know ty!

Old 06-08-2010, 10:41 AM
leeclark is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tconner99
I am having a heck of a time getting the power from my 98 Blazer to my kenwood head unit. I didn't buy the wiring adapter so I clipped the wires from the truck that were specified in Hillbilly's post. There are 2 yellows, there is only 1 yellow on my harness.

Pretty much what I am doing is:
Truck - to - Aftermarket
yellow - red
orange - yellow
black - black

I do that and I get no power on the head unit.

Another question, how do I get all 6 speakers working and there are 3 green wires on the harness. There is also another factory harnesses coming from the truck into the radio, should I leave the second one alone?

--- edit

I did what everybody else has seemed to do and bought the wiring harness (GM02B from BestBuy) that says it is for GM 1988 and up, and it worked perfectly. All 6 speakers work, and I don't care about the tape deck.
yours is probably like mine one of the dark green wires was the ignition power wire. he says its for 01 or 02 and up but mine is a 98 and it was a dark green wire. but the rest seem to be the same

Originally Posted by rockislife04
If i have a 98 blazer 4x4 4 door(t10) is it a "double size" head unit or a normal and what is the bracket i should use if i get a single size. please let me know ty!
its 1.5 din radio that comes in these blazers. as far as brackets go i'm not sure on that one.

Last edited by swartlkk; 06-08-2010 at 11:48 AM. Reason: **Combining Consective Posts** - Please use multiquote feature to quote multiple people at once.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:16 AM
Starting Member
mikew6867 is on a distinguished road
Default Speed control volume?

I hooked up a cd player in my 98 blazer. all is well, but my speedometer doesn't work when the faceplate is on. My buddy says its the "speed control volume" wire/switch/valve/something...Any help?

Old 06-24-2010, 08:09 AM
isnms is on a distinguished road

The brown wire is the speed control volume wire, at least it is on the 98 Monte Carlo.
Disconnect it from your new unit.

Old 08-16-2010, 09:21 PM
Silver00LT is on a distinguished road

Just bought installation kit and wiring kit. Smooth installation as all my other chevy installs are.

Just was worried about it being like my Cobalt and needing a SEPARATE power wire along with the door chime module. Just a heads up on the 2nd gen wiring harness it can plug in BOTH ways. One way doesn't work the other DOES work. I plugged it in wrong way first. What staying up two days gets you.

Quick Reply: Stereo Wiring and Install Parts