Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Stock Radio, W/ Amp??

Old 08-02-2006, 10:16 PM
EkStreem G is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Stock Radio, W/ Amp??

I've got the OEM 6 Disc Changer Radio in my 03 blazer. Can I connect an amp to it? I really don't wanna buy an aftermarket radio because it's got the in dash CD changer.

Old 08-02-2006, 10:33 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation
Default RE: Stock Radio, W/ Amp??

yea, one of two ways. First off, you can get an amp with speaker level inputs, and just tap off your rear speakers and run a remote wire from cd player in dash, or

Get a Line out convertor, which basically turns speaker level inputs to rca's.. either way, you need to tap off your rear speakers. LOC's are relatively cheap in price, usually about 15 - 25 bucks. SOme amps even have smart turn on which means if you use speaker level inputs, when they sense signal, they turn on the amp, with no need to run a remote wire.

Old 08-02-2006, 10:47 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

my thoughts exactly....couldn't of been more perfectly stated.

Old 08-02-2006, 10:48 PM

This works?
eBay - Pyle Line converters
Says 2 are included.

*EDIT by swartlkk* - Please people... Try to use the hidden *URL* tag:

Old 08-02-2006, 11:06 PM

(Sorry 'bout the newbie questions) Just to make sure I understand correctly, the remote cable is basically a cable that provides power to the amp. only when the headunit is on? Also,my boy is selling me 2 used 400w 12" audiobahns for $50(in a box). So, wut amp. do you recommend for these subs? TRUST ME... I know they're not GROUND POUNDERS, but I just want something to provide a little boom and still sound clear, without having to replace the stock speakers and having to amplify those also.

Old 08-02-2006, 11:12 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

ORIGINAL: jagblazer01

my thoughts exactly....couldn't of been more perfectly stated.
its what I do all day long, when I'm not giving advice to Jon.

No, the remote wire is just a small usually 18 ga wire that lets the amp know that the radio is on. YOu will have to run power wire, prob 8 gauge by looking at your subs, to the amp, and a ground wire to a chassis bolt or somethin. Ya, the line convertor will do just fine. Probably a 400 watt amp, don't get pyle, legacy, **** like that. mtx, or fosgate whould do fine.

Old 08-02-2006, 11:13 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

that looks like what you need on ur ebay link...but are you buying off ebay? you can probably pick one up at like Radio Shack or something. As for an amp, do you know all the specs? a 500 watt amp should work fine for those subs but id like to see the specs.

Old 08-02-2006, 11:45 PM

No i wasn't going to buy from ebay I was just making sure i was on the same page. Uh imma try to get specs for the speakers, he had them hooked up to a 1200 watt audiobahn amp. in his '83 pickup. He used to crank them up a lot so im leaning towards 1 new 10" sub. My boy has 2 1100 watt 10" Xplod's in his focus with a 1000 watt sony amp. and it sounds really nice. What you guys think about Xplod? He has these I believe:
eBay - Sony XPlod Subwoofer[

*EDIT by swartlkk* - fixed long link... again...

Old 08-03-2006, 12:28 AM
BF Veteran

you could go with an audiobahn amp too

Old 08-03-2006, 12:33 AM

If I wanted to go with a 1 sub setup I would need a mono. amp. right?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Stock Radio, W/ Amp??