Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.
View Poll Results: A poll
Diamond Audio
0%
MA Audio
0%
Sony
0%
Pioneer
0%
Kicker
17.65%
Memphis
5.88%
Boston Acoustic
0%
Polk Audio
5.88%
MTX
5.88%
Other
64.71%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Which Sub

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 01:21 AM
Mike050 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Which Sub

Right now I have an 12" Audiobahn Special Edition Sub in a custom sealed box with a Pioneer 760 watt 2 channel amp powering it but it's just not doin it for me.. I want something that hits hard and has good SQ and around the $100 range. So what brand should I look into getting.

Thanks

Old 09-21-2006, 01:38 AM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future
Default RE: Which Sub

you wont find much for $100...at least not anything thats worth anything. PM Xblazer01 and talk to him about a Mass Destruction 12" Sidewinder. He's a distributer for them and they are VERY nice.

Old 09-21-2006, 12:39 PM
BF Veteran
XBlazer01 has a spectacular aura aboutXBlazer01 has a spectacular aura about

ugh This is the great part of my life here.

Now before I type this out. I am not really trying to seem like an ******* bro.

Diamond-NO
MA Audio- Not recommended
Sony- I really hope thats a joke...........
Pioneer- For 100 bux. NO
Kicker- No such thing as SQ for Kicker
Memphis- Your paying out the ***
BA- Good sub but low end models=no
Polk= Not Recommended
MTX= MTX Straight Blows until the 9500 series. Everything else is sh**

You arent really gonna get good SQ for 100 bux. Ya need to free up your budget alittle more tbh. 100 on subs is not alot As Jimmy said tho. I'm a dealer for MD. The Sidewinder is an SQ woofer as he stated (I believe) Minimal power needed to get loud. Can handle alot of power also. I actually sold 2 sidewinders to a member on here. If he wishes to reveal who he is. He can. But he might be keeping it a secret till His stuff done.

Let me know if u need help with a decision or pricing on MD Car Audio!

Old 09-21-2006, 05:27 PM
BF Veteran

LMAO ok now this is hilarious.

People. Why are you voting kicker. he said an SQ woofer.

The only woofer in the kicker lineup for 100 bux. is the Comp C series. I had 6 of those. they suck.

sry i just think this is funny now

Old 09-21-2006, 06:23 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

ORIGINAL: XBlazer01

ugh This is the great part of my life here.

Now before I type this out. I am not really trying to seem like an ******* bro.

Diamond-NO
MA Audio- Not recommended
Sony- I really hope thats a joke...........
Pioneer- For 100 bux. NO
Kicker- No such thing as SQ for Kicker
Memphis- Your paying out the ***
BA- Good sub but low end models=no
Polk= Not Recommended
MTX= MTX Straight Blows until the 9500 series. Everything else is sh**

You arent really gonna get good SQ for 100 bux. Ya need to free up your budget alittle more tbh. 100 on subs is not alot As Jimmy said tho. I'm a dealer for MD. The Sidewinder is an SQ woofer as he stated (I believe) Minimal power needed to get loud. Can handle alot of power also. I actually sold 2 sidewinders to a member on here. If he wishes to reveal who he is. He can. But he might be keeping it a secret till His stuff done.

Let me know if u need help with a decision or pricing on MD Car Audio!
Wow, I think my opinion On Jon just changed. There are good SQ deals to be had for that price range. First off Jon, you are putting way too much BS into this. I have a Diamond Audio 12, for which I paid 125, Still have, that took 200w rms, and it beat like hell in a 1 cu ft particle board box, and still had great SQ. Mtx 4500's and 5500s are great bang for the buck. But that sucks because MTX is going out of business.

Agree on Polk and Kicker not having SQ. Bostons are decent for the price.

If you want a decent sub, you can buy my Diamond Audio sub.

Old 09-21-2006, 06:34 PM
BF Veteran

How am I putting to much BS into this pat. Please I would love to hear this.

Dont get me wrong.

Diamond is good just idk personally i wouldnt have it.

Go on ROE and talk bout the MTX's being great........ trust me......... I made that mistake....................

I still dont see the BS aspect cause basically u agreed with my post bro.....

Old 09-21-2006, 06:46 PM
Administrator

What I was saying is that we play high end, there are decent deals to be had for hundred bucks. Im not personally attacking you, just we are more into the top of the line stuff, and sometimes we forget about the little stuff. I sell Diamonds, Bostons, and such. I'm not saying MTX is great, but not bad bump for the price. He could be in much worse brands, DUAL, Kenwood subs, and the like. Don't be so sensitive man, YOu respect me, I drive a dodge stratus.!!!

Old 09-21-2006, 07:00 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

ORIGINAL: hillbillyinOhio
YOu respect me, I drive a dodge stratus.!!!
lol thats was funny.....j/p pat

Old 09-21-2006, 07:08 PM
BF Veteran

I'm not being sensitive about this. Your right I do respect you. Your VERY knowlegdable in your work. Trust me I know this! I just dont think its right be going around being. Oh wow. Spit some more bulls*** jon. Everything I thought of you in the past is now different. I dont think its right to even say s*** like that.

Things could be handled in more respectable fashion. And as you mentioned we are running high end stuff. We'll actually mine is currently the low end sub's in the MD line. So im kinda on the low end. here (until i get my RE XXX ) I didnt say Diamond or Boston was bad. I know they are good companies just not a personal preference. Which is all this really is. It's not up to us to choose his setup. We merely give our insite on the subject which we have been doing. This is how ALL stereo forum fights begin. It's all opinion. You are very right that it could be worse. But still as I stated this is all opinion.

Old 09-21-2006, 08:09 PM
Administrator

Dude, I was just messin around. Seriously. also, if you are in the range of 100 bucks, check out low end Image Dynamics. Pretty good subs for the price.

Jon, I LOVE YOU LIKE A FAT KID LOVE CAKE!!

Quick Reply: Which Sub