Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

sub angles

Old 09-28-2008, 01:17 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough
Default RE: sub angles

What's the back part behind the seats used for? Can you use that to add some more airspace if need be?

Old 09-28-2008, 01:27 PM
bad350v8s10tahoe is an unknown quantity at this point

My mtx box sits tight against the rear of the back seat with subs facing to the rear, amp is mounted on top of the box. I have just enuf room left between the mtx box and tailgatefor a smallaluminum racing floor jack, a couple small tool boxes and ect, the jack is just big enuf to change a tire [8D]

Old 09-28-2008, 01:46 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

ORIGINAL: Blazin_Jason

What's the back part behind the seats used for? Can you use that to add some more airspace if need be?
along the back is were the amp will go. I plan on having it under plexi with some red LES's. I can go into it a little but i cant get much more than 1 cubic foot due to the big cuttouts around the wheel wheels

Old 09-28-2008, 02:11 PM
bobditts is an unknown quantity at this point

Here is your problem with the Type Rs. They require more airspace than a single cube to sound anywhere near good. I guarantee you will be unhappy with them in your enclosure design. The other problem is the power required for a pair and your budget. If you could redesign the enclosure for a single 15" or 12" and purchase the proper amp, you would stay within budget and be much happier with the way it sounds. It sounds to me like you just want the Type Rs for a status symbol more than you are worries about the way it sounds. I have a lot of experience with the Type Rs and you have to have everything just right for them to shine. If you cut any corners then the results are less than desired. If you want a pair of 12"s, go back and take another look at what I recommended earlier. All of the products are of great quality and will work in your original enclosure design.

Old 09-28-2008, 03:38 PM

how are Audiobahns
how are these
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?...roduct_ID=3415
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?...roduct_ID=4388
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?...roduct_ID=4995
also should i look at 10s since they dont need as much airspace.

i am thinking of increasing my budget to $1000

Old 09-28-2008, 04:56 PM

audiobahn is a chromed turd. Dont bother looking at that walmart garbage. The MB quarts and the Image dynamics are nice but dont expect to get too loud with them. Honestly, for your situation the either of the MTX subs I linked to earlier are your best choice. I have used them in the past and they are very punchy and have a pontential to massage your bones. If you do decide on the image dynamics, you will have to get the dual 2ohm instead of the dual 4ohm if you plan to wire them at 2ohms for maximum potential from any of the amps I linked to earlier.

Old 09-28-2008, 04:57 PM

or you could just get a pair of 8" subs and put them in the kicks like I am working on right now

Old 09-28-2008, 06:45 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

My g/f had an older infinity perfect 12" in 1.25ft sealed sounded pretty good. Then I got her a type r instead with the plans of porting it. Its in 1.25 sealed as well and it sounds decent. As mentioned it won't be at its best but you may be happy with it. This is all powered by a profile ap1200. Equipment purchased was all within her budget and she's been happy with it for years now.

I'm a little biased but here is what I would do. 2 Fi SSD 12's then an amp in the 1500-2000 watt range either at 1 or 2 ohms and buy the subs with the right coils to match.

Old 09-28-2008, 07:04 PM

if i were to connect both sides of the box through the back would that give me 2cubes per sub or is it still 1cube since there are 2 subs

Old 09-28-2008, 07:09 PM

It would be 2 cubes shared which is still 1 cube per sub.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: sub angles