Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Sub Questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 07:23 PM
Zasder is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sub Questions

Well im starting my system up, I got the outside of my truck were I want it, now its time for the inside.

I bought a

KICKERZX750.1 MONO AMPLIFIER NUMBER OF CHANNELS 1 -MONO 375 WATTS X 1 CHAN @ 4 OHMS RMS 750 WATTS X 1 CHAN @ 2 OHMS RMS SPEAKER LEVEL INPUTS AMP PREAMP OUTPUTS BUILT-IN CROSSOVER LP HIGH-PASS CROSSOVER 50-200HZ SIGNAL-TO-MOISE RATIO: 95 DB BASS BOOST 0-18 DB BASS/GAIN REMOTE FUSE RATING 80 A DIMENSIONS 14 11/16" X 9 5/8" X 2 5/16"
since it is a mono amp does that mean I can only use 1 sub? Also I was looking at alpine R should I go for 2 300W? I am very lost!

Any suggestions or links to subs would be great!

Thanks!

Old 01-04-2008, 08:38 PM
prozach1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Sub Questions

you can but it will just be more complicated due to haveing to wire the subs together thats all and just 750 divided by two if you get two 2ohm subs

Old 01-04-2008, 11:04 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

well given the specs you gave, that amp is only 2ohm stable...so you need to be able to get a sub(s) that you can wire at 2 ohms.....ur options are pretty much either one sub that is a DVC 4ohm or SVC 2ohm / or a 2 sub setup where each sub is a DVC 2ohm sub where you would wire each sub up to 4 ohms and then back down to 2 ohms into your amp.

if you want type r's....which are great budget subs.....check these out, you can run 2 of these to give you a 2ohm final load
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?...roduct_ID=2530

i think the biggest problem your going to face is the amp you bought....just me personally but i hate trying to find things to run at 2 ohms lol.....i run all my stuff at 1

Old 01-04-2008, 11:08 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

mono simply mean it has a single output. you could wire in how ever many subs you need to that one output. i have a zx750.1 and a single 15" compVR that work together nicely. my box is almost finished up but i have listened to 8 or 9 songs on it and havent had any problems. i think two type-r's would be a little underpowered with 750w considering the r's have a 1500w peak.

since its rated at 2ohms, if you go with a 1sub setup,make sure you get a 4ohm DVC and if you get a 2sub setup, make sure both are a 2ohm DVC

Old 01-05-2008, 12:58 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

1 type r 15 is rated at 750rms....would match up nice

Old 01-05-2008, 01:10 PM

So if I am taking all your information correctly

This 1 type R 15" will work well with my amp?

Alpine Type R

Old 01-05-2008, 01:58 PM
cloak01ls is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: Zasder

So if I am taking all your information correctly

This 1 type R 15" will work well with my amp?

Alpine Type R

Correct, you can wire the sub in parallel for a 2ohm load...

Old 01-05-2008, 02:14 PM

ok so would this amp+sub give a nice sound...not competition level just a little bass in the music?

Also I heard alot of crap about prefab...

I will try to build my own box, but how do I kno what size box I need? or which one (Ported or Sealed)

Old 01-05-2008, 02:38 PM
cloak01ls is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: Zasder

ok so would this amp+sub give a nice sound...not competition level just a little bass in the music?

Also I heard alot of crap about prefab...

I will try to build my own box, but how do I kno what size box I need? or which one (Ported or Sealed)
In a proper built enclosure that Sub/Amp combo is going to be very loud...

As for the box. I can fill out a design page for you. Ported is the way to go if you want to get loud and low bass...Sealed will not be as loud, and it wont hit the lower notes, but it will be little more punchy and have a wider, flatterfrequency response...A well built ported enclosure can have the same attributes of both worlds...

Old 01-05-2008, 02:47 PM

WOuld it be too much trouble for you to design me a ported box?

Also what tools do I need?

Wood...
Glue...
Nails...
Drill...
Saw...

Anything else?

Quick Reply: Sub Questions