Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Subs are popping and its not cool!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 04:12 PM
Beginning Member
DevinIsPro is on a distinguished road
Default Subs are popping and its not cool!!!

Alright, So To start i Have 98 blazer :]
I have 2-12 subs http://www.crutchfield.com/S-1fmtNNj...s-Package.html ... And http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...rs/DEH-P4100UB Head unit.
Few months ago I hooked up my subs.. all honkey dorey.
The power cord to the amp from the battery broke.
Waited till now To get a new cord.. So after i hooked everything all up. I turned it on and my subs.. are going Pop pop pop pop pop.. With out any music whats so ever.. I disconnect the RCA's to - HU. or even just the speaker wire from the amp to the subs.. and it stops...

I have tried a new ground didnt do anything so if anyone has anything on why or how to fix this Or need more info Please let me know!!

Thanks in advance!

Old 03-26-2010, 05:13 PM
Starting Member
RebelJimmy96 is on a distinguished road

try a inline noise filter from walmart its A SCHOCIE BRAND PLUG IT INTO UR AMP IN THE RCA PORTS AND PLUG UR RCAS IN THE FILTER. had same problum and that fixed it

Old 03-28-2010, 08:53 AM
bobditts is an unknown quantity at this point

and inline filter is just a bandaid for a bullet wound. Meaning its just going to mask a much larger problem. My guess is that you have cheap RCAs. Try a new set of RCAs and it should fix your problem.

http://www.knukonceptz.com/productMa...y=RCA%20Cables

Old 03-29-2010, 07:48 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by bobditts
and inline filter is just a bandaid for a bullet wound. Meaning its just going to mask a much larger problem. My guess is that you have cheap RCAs. Try a new set of RCAs and it should fix your problem.

http://www.knukonceptz.com/productMa...y=RCA%20Cables

Thats What i heard about inline filters. I also thought it might be the RCA's But even when i unplug The Speaker wire from From the amp To the actuall subs. Its Stops. So again any ideas.

Old 03-29-2010, 02:13 PM
Starting Member
RebelJimmy96 is on a distinguished road

also make sure your rcas are not near the power wire. i found out that's why i was getting the popping after that i ditched the filter. but the best thing is to go to the local car audio shop and pay um $25 to trouble shoot it!

Old 03-29-2010, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by DevinIsPro
Thats What i heard about inline filters. I also thought it might be the RCA's But even when i unplug The Speaker wire from From the amp To the actuall subs. Its Stops. So again any ideas.

are you saying if you unplug the subs from the amp, the noise goes away?

Old 03-29-2010, 10:44 PM
Beginning Member

Yea, Or the RCA's. I heard it could be a bad ground so i did a completly different one.. Just confusing seeing as it worked a month or 2 ago.. could putting the subs in a differnet spot in the truck change anything? Again Thanks for all your help. By the way.

Old 03-31-2010, 11:37 AM
Beginning Member

NEW INFO!!!!!!!!

Okay... So I re undid everything all over again!!!!

Now Its still making the rapid popping noise once both rca's are in But when I leave just the "R"(Right) or the red Port in the AMP I can hear bass from the music quite alright... but as soon as i plug in the "L"(left) or the white port in the AMP it goes rapid popping.. I switched around the RCA's (thought it was a bad cord) but still the same thing happens so its not the cord.

this time any ideas any similar problems?

Old 03-31-2010, 11:43 AM
Starting Member
gaspricessuckk is on a distinguished road

either subs are blown or rcs, or the ports on the amp are bad, or the amp is bad itself, or could be a wire

like a previous guy said just take your truck to a shop, have em test it.

Old 03-31-2010, 04:46 PM

its either a bad output from your head unit, or a bad input on your amp.

Quick Reply: Subs are popping and its not cool!!!