Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

subwoofers

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 12:04 AM
RedBlaze is an unknown quantity at this point
Default subwoofers

Ok so i'm planning on getting some new subs for my blazer. I am trying to decide whether I want to get 2 12" rockford punch stage 2's or 1 15"rockford punch stage 3. What do you guys think?? I have a 1000w sony amp that I would use to push them (I know sony's arent the best amps but it will get the job done) For my box I'm just gonna do a simple ported box made out of mdf. So the question is two 12's or one 15???

Old 01-17-2006, 12:10 AM
2001blazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: subwoofers

well i like cleaner bass so i would do the 12s and not the 15 cuz itll be a more muddy bass then the 12s the only reason i got a 12 is because i wanted it to be loud and i knew that alpine had a good reputation for clean bass otherwise i would do two 10s... but if u dont care so much about that then jsut do the 2 12s

Old 01-17-2006, 12:26 AM
HCCAFan is an unknown quantity at this point

I say hogwash that a 15 will be more muddy than a 12. But other than that, go two 12's. You will move more air and probably be louder. Make sure you know how low of an impedance your amp can run bridged and then my guess is you will need two of the dual 2 ohm subs so you end up pushing a 2 ohm load.

Old 01-17-2006, 12:55 AM
LittleDan911 is an unknown quantity at this point

Go With The 12's Cause In My Book 15 Are Just A Waste Of Space And You Have To Move A Lot More Air With Them....

Old 01-17-2006, 03:37 AM
FatRyan is an unknown quantity at this point

it dont matter man. you wont see a great deal of difference. the only difference is that the 2 12's will have more surface area, therefore they will displace more air. but 1 15 will extend lower. i say whatever is cheaper

Old 01-20-2006, 02:14 AM
audiophyl is an unknown quantity at this point

First of all, in order to properly answer your question, we need a lot more information!!!

What kind of music do you listen to?

Are you planning on competiting with the system?

Stock charging system?

What's currently in your system?

What are you looking to do with your system?

The statements about the 15's sounding sloppier are correct. The only way to compensate for the sloppiness of a 15 is to put an enormous amount of power to it. By that power...I mean 3000 watts RMS.

If you are wanting a system to listen to and enjoy, go for the 12's. They will give you clean, deep bass and will sound better that a 15. Additionally, 15's are pretty much only for competiting and the uneducated, as they don't sound very good.

Good luck to ya and I hope this helps!!!

Old 01-20-2006, 02:30 AM

ORIGINAL: audiophyl
The only way to compensate for the sloppiness of a 15 is to put an enormous amount of power to it. By that power...I mean 3000 watts RMS.

If you are wanting a system to listen to and enjoy, go for the 12's. They will give you clean, deep bass and will sound better that a 15. Additionally, 15's are pretty much only for competiting and the uneducated, as they don't sound very good.
LMAO!!

Old 01-20-2006, 03:30 AM
RedBlaze is an unknown quantity at this point

Just because someone likes 15" subs doesnt make them uneducated. It comes down to a matter of personal preference not whether you are educated or not. I know people who prefer 15s who have heard all kinds of different brands and sizes of subwoofers. It comes down to what you like. I appreciate all the input from everybody.

Old 01-20-2006, 04:07 AM

ORIGINAL: RedBlaze

Just because someone likes 15" subs doesnt make them uneducated. It comes down to a matter of personal preference not whether you are educated or not. I know people who prefer 15s who have heard all kinds of different brands and sizes of subwoofers. It comes down to what you like. I appreciate all the input from everybody.
you couldnt see through the attempt at sounding knowledgeable about audio equipment and acoustics, and see the true n00b inside? lol

Old 01-20-2006, 09:03 AM
85FSBSilverado is an unknown quantity at this point

I say a single 15" Adire Audio Brahma. New line just came out and available:

http://www.acoustic-visions.com/~aco.../adire_brahma/

Quick Reply: subwoofers