Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

subwoofers

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 09:09 PM
85FSBSilverado is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: subwoofers

How about this sub from Resonant Engineering?
http://www.supermotors.org/getfile/2...fExcursion.wmv

Here's your L7s, pair of 12"s:
http://www.supermotors.org/getfile/2...eathofL712.wmv

I really don't care for them. They're nice, but I wouldn't say they're the best bang for your buck. I hardly even hear about them anymore. Especially over on the audio forums. Adire Audio and Resonant Engineering are some of the better ones. Heard a pair of 15" RE MTs, I believe they were, in a Yukon Denali at USACi, and they were really loud. But with those, you're buying direct from the company, or usually for about the same price from a certified store. Brahma 15"s went down $60 from the original $440 shipped price. Too bad some of the other lines aren't available: http://acoustic-visions.com/~acousti...ar_audio.shtml

Old 01-24-2006, 03:01 AM
FatRyan is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: sonicbo0m

Ok, my bad not ALL round subs, but unless your talking high dollar subs, then the kickers are awesome. Yes the box does make a difference, however reguardless of what music you listen to, the solo baric is good for all kinds. And the set ups that could "kill" a person, howmany subs were used? and was is compaired to an equal amount of square subs? doubt it. Plus I don't think blaze is looking to kill anybody, just get good bang for the buck. In which case the kickers again are awesome.
i never said anything about a setup killing any1. i spoke of a setup killing another setup...and its a metaphor...or whatever. i was speaking in terms of SPL. Solobarics are great subs (see sig), but saying theyll be better than all or even most other subs in the same class is an ignorant assumption. no offense to you, but its the truth. the box is a VERY important part of the system, whether it be a SQ system or SPL. you could take 2 18" soloXs and fully power them to their rms, but if the setup isnt designed good, a setup with 2 12" @ 1500w could beat em in terms of SPL. you just cant say "this sub hits harder then this other sub" "this sub will get you xxx.xdBs". If you think im wrong about this, go to caraudio.com message forums and post a thread, in fact, just repost this threar, and see what every1 says.

Old 01-24-2006, 03:07 AM

ORIGINAL: 85FSBSilverado

How about this sub from Resonant Engineering?
http://www.supermotors.org/getfile/2...fExcursion.wmv

Here's your L7s, pair of 12"s:
http://www.supermotors.org/getfile/2...eathofL712.wmv

I really don't care for them. They're nice, but I wouldn't say they're the best bang for your buck. I hardly even hear about them anymore. Especially over on the audio forums. Adire Audio and Resonant Engineering are some of the better ones. Heard a pair of 15" RE MTs, I believe they were, in a Yukon Denali at USACi, and they were really loud. But with those, you're buying direct from the company, or usually for about the same price from a certified store. Brahma 15"s went down $60 from the original $440 shipped price. Too bad some of the other lines aren't available: http://acoustic-visions.com/~acousti...ar_audio.shtml
yes, RE is a great company. so is adire and kicker. its kinda funny, i got the the new L7s like in that video and i play that bass song alot. its a sweet song.

Old 01-26-2006, 12:42 AM
RedBlaze is an unknown quantity at this point

Anybody ever heard of SubZone boxes??? here is a link Boxes Think they would be any good??

Old 01-26-2006, 12:46 AM

ORIGINAL: RedBlaze

Anybody ever heard of SubZone boxes??? here is a link Boxes Think they would be any good??
its better to just build your own box. or have some1 (who knows what theyre doing) build you one. those prefab boxes suck so bad.

Old 01-26-2006, 12:53 AM
85FSBSilverado is an unknown quantity at this point

Ditto. I usually have someone design me one, then make my own. Fairly easy. I don't carpet mine, just paint.

Old 01-30-2006, 07:55 PM

ok so one final question and ill put this thread to rest. the speakers i'm planning on getting are 500w peak power handling and RMS power range is 50-250. I'm looking at this kenwood amp on ebay. Here is a link--->click meI know that kenwood amps arent the best in the world but its pretty cheap. im not looking to spend 400 or 500 dollars on an amp. So my question is do to get 4-ohm speakers or 2-ohm with that amp??

Old 01-30-2006, 07:57 PM

Last sentence should say do I need to get 4-ohm or 2-ohm

Old 01-30-2006, 08:00 PM
4lowlife is on a distinguished road

You can get 2 2ohm and run them in series. If you have the room. and have hole burnin in your pocket.

Old 01-30-2006, 08:01 PM

I forgot to mention how many speakers im getting. I'm getting 2 speakers rated at the power i menioned. truly sorry for so many posts in a row but im so damn forgetful

Quick Reply: subwoofers