Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

summer build.

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 05:10 PM
slammed95blazer is on a distinguished road
Default summer build.

Well its still winter and freezing cold it... I've been thinking since the summer is somewhat close i could upgrade the entire system in the truck. as of now theres only 2 12's in there cause i sold everything else to a friend. I'm thinking of going with 2 fi audio q's or 2 RD heavyweight v.2 12's. amp wise ill be running either an RD 5750.1d. Im not sure if any of you have heard of RD audio but they are some pretty good subs and amps. if i go with the RD's im thinking of a sealed enclose or either a ported at 32 hz. not quiet sure yet.
I'm gonna put the link for RD just incase any of you want to check it out.
let me know what you guys think i should go with. My old system was 2 18's ( tc sounds ) kinda a downgrade if you ask me....

http://www.rdaudio.net/index.htm

Old 01-27-2010, 06:58 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

GO BACK TO STOCK

Old 01-31-2010, 02:40 PM

why in the world would i go back to stock? my truck is being built for bass races and DB drags.

Old 01-31-2010, 02:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by slammed95blazer
why in the world would i go back to stock? my truck is being built for bass races and DB drags.
just messing with yah. personally i like the stock sound

Old 01-31-2010, 05:12 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

i was thinking about going with fi for my next setup but I will have to look into the RDs

Originally Posted by Spectreblazer
just messing with yah. personally i like the stock sound
really? I couldnt stand the stock system in my blazer

Old 01-31-2010, 05:25 PM
Banned

personally, completly serious, i compared the bose to the delco and i liked the delco. i think it sounds better, although i'll keep an eye on this thread. i just got a k5 today and no radio gonna have to fix that

Old 02-01-2010, 09:05 AM

i didn't like the sound quality my truck had when i got it cause the speakers where all jbl garbage and if i had the bass up a little pit they distorted. ive since them replaced them with rf 6.5's sounds alot nicer and they dont distort when i turn the bass up. other wise i love having major amounts of bass in my truck.

Old 02-02-2010, 09:12 AM
mhollis is on a distinguished road

Personally, Ive never heard of RD but after looking at their site and specs im torn. Ive just about always run Audioque in all the competition cars ive worked on and put systems in. So i think if it was me i would deffiently go with Audioque just cause thats what im used to, but if you want to go with RD then go for it.

Old 02-02-2010, 09:57 PM
boomtruck97 is an unknown quantity at this point

ok, lets take a step back then. if your so interested in compatitions, then lets gat a few things straight.
power
wire
box
subs

first i would really determine the amount of power you truely would like to run.
this will allow for planning as to whether you will need to upgrade alternators and/or add extra batteries

Also now you can determine the wiring you would use to run from the front to the back. obviously if your going to comp you will settle for no less than a run of 0 gauge.

i would recommend an extra battery regaurdless so that it will fight any chance of voltage drop towards the back.

then i would consider the box. either way i would make sure that you at least double pane the box, and if you will port it then i would aim the frequency higher. you will get far better termlab scores off a 50-55 Hz port then you will a 32 Hz port.

then after all this i would choose the subwoofers. That way you know what power and air space you will have.

Also, take into consideration these brands.

Treo Engineering - http://www.treoonline.com/cxt.html
Digital Designs - http://www.ddaudio.com//caraudio/09/woofer09_Z.htm
American Bass - http://www.americanbassusa.com/front...aspx?fileid=73
Resont Engineering - http://reaudio.com/specs.html#sp_xxx

and as far as amps go, feel free to consider US AMPS. and the treos are comp grade that can take 20k each.

let me know what you think.

and after looking at them, im not impressed by the RD audio heavywieghts.

Last edited by boomtruck97; 02-02-2010 at 10:02 PM.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:04 PM
Banned

x2 on the alterantor although these trucks already have a 100 amp alternator, dont forget a battery isolator

Quick Reply: summer build.