Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Tech Guru's

Old 11-07-2007, 12:20 PM
Dabber is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tech Guru's

I have a 05 Blazer 4X4 with a Viper Alarm/Remote Start that was installed a while ago. When I get in the truck and start it and put it in gear the doors automatically lock (don't like being locked in no matter how safe it it supposed to be) I have had other vehicle with other systems in them and always was able to have that feature disengagedwith the Alarm system. The place that installed the system said that I had to go to the dealer to have that feature removed from my truck. Is that true. Hillbilly say it ain't so.

Old 11-07-2007, 12:27 PM
bobditts is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Tech Guru's

did that feature exist with the stock alarm? I think that is a feature of the viper alarm that cant be bypassed.

Old 11-07-2007, 12:44 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If it isn't part of the feature set of the viper alarm, then your owners manual should detail how to modify the rolling lock / lock out of park feature controlled by the BCM in the truck.

Old 11-07-2007, 01:50 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

it is part of the viper alarm. you will need to give me the model number of the alarm,a nd find the programming (valet) button under the dash. once you give me the model number, I can get you thr programming steps to get rid of it!!

Old 11-08-2007, 10:43 AM

It is the 791XV. I didn't find a "button" but i found the "Toggle switch" under the dash, I assume thats the Valet switch you speak of. Hillbilly you don't know how good I feel that I can get that dumb feature removed without giving an arm and a leg for it.

Correct that........... I found a little black button behind the fuse panel door on the side of the dash, Could that one be it?? Other than stereo installed I haven't installed anything else that would need such a button.

Old 11-08-2007, 11:36 AM
Administrator

that would be it. I will look up the manual in a lil bit and send you the instructions. PM me your email. My pc is somewhat down right now. Vista started getting pissy and I just wiped everything off. I am on XP sp1 right now. have some updating to do.

Old 11-08-2007, 12:47 PM

Pm sent. No real hurry man. Lived with it this long I can go for a little longer HAHAHA.

Old 11-08-2007, 01:17 PM
Administrator

pm replied to. should be golden now!

Old 11-09-2007, 07:52 PM

Pm sent Hillbilly Couple questions in there

Old 12-08-2007, 06:42 PM

Hey Hillbilly:

Did not have a chance to get under the dash like you said but I came across this (from rriddle3)and it worked but now when I arm my system the Led Indicater flashes four times instead of the once( like someone had set it off while I was gone) Any Ideas as to how to correct it to the amount of blinks that it does??

Okay, as promised:

If the vehicle has power door locks, it is equipped with a feature that enables you to program the power door locks.
The vehicle left the factory programmed to automatically lock all doors when the vehicle is shifted out of PARK (P), and all doors unlock when the vehicle is shifted into PARK (P).
If the vehicle has a manual transmission, it left the factory programmed to lock all doors when the vehicle speed is greater than 13km/h (8mph) for two seconds, and unlock all doors once the key is removed from the ignition.
The following instructions detail how to enter the programming mode for the power door lock feature:

[ol]1.Begin with the ignition in OFF. Then pull the turn signal/multifunction lever all the way toward you and hold it there while you perform the next step.
2.Turn the key to RUN and OFF twice. Then, with the key in OFF, release the turn signal/multifunction lever. Once you do this, you will hear the lock switch lock and unlock.
3.You are now ready to program the automatic door locks. Select one of the following four programming options and follow the instructions. You will have 30 seconds to complete programming. If you exceed the 30second limit, The locks will automatically lock and unlock to indicate that you have left the program mode. If this occurs, repeat the procedure beginning with step1. You can exit the program mode any time by turning the ignition to RUN. If the LOCK/UNLOCK switches are not pressed while in the programming mode, the current LOCK/UNLOCK mode will not be modified. [align=left] •The following is a list of available programming options: [/align][align=left] •All doors lock/Only the driver's door unlocks: Press the lock side of the power door lock switch on the door panel once,and then the unlock side once. [/align][align=left] •All doors lock/All doors unlock: Press the lock side of the power door lock switch on the door panel once, and then the unlock side twice. [/align][align=left] •All doors lock/None of the doors unlock: Press the lock side of the power door lock switch on the door panel once, and then the unlock side three times. [/align][align=left] •No doors lock/None of the doors unlock: Press the lock side of the power door lock switch on the door panel twice. This turns off the automatic door lock feature. [/align][/ol]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tech Guru's