Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Time to down grade

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 06:35 PM
willjones is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Time to down grade

For a long time I have been running a solo baric L7 10 in a PMI vented box with a Kenwood KAC-X520 amp. Due to a new baby and the need for more space in the back I am getting rid of the kicker setup and getting something much smaller (box is huge) and not as intense. I contemplated just building a small enclosure to hold the L7 but I still feel that it is going to be too much with the baby and family riding in it more. I found this http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1166235821990 while at best buy today and it sounded good for what I am looking for. Before I hear all the bashing keep in mind this thing is tiny and will give me a ton more space while still giving me a little bass. My question is can I still use the amp I am running now without issues? Oh and I am getting for 82 bucks from my brother in law that works there. Let me know what you guys think or if you can think of other options that are going to be similar to my needs and the cost.

Old 05-16-2009, 07:51 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

ohhh babies...taking all the boom out of your truck lol. Congrats on the new baby though man!
I wouldn't forsee any problem with using your old amp..but I'll check with my buddy who does a lot of wiring and stuff for subs and see what he says.
I'm assuming your truck didn't come with the Bose sound system?

Old 05-17-2009, 07:55 AM
willjones is an unknown quantity at this point

No bose, I am mainly doing it for the space issue seeing as we have no room in there to begin with.

Old 05-17-2009, 12:51 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

dont know that amp, but as long as it handles the ohm load your fine.

couple choices id consider are the sundown sd1-10, the E8, not that im a sundown freak, but they are good prices.

looks like that sub is a single 4 ohm, but amplifiers specs would be great. class d? a/b?