Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

trying to get system to work need help asap

Old 10-05-2008, 03:22 PM
chevyman4L is an unknown quantity at this point
Default trying to get system to work need help asap

i have a 94 blazer, i hooked up the system and the amp is working but the subwoofer arent. i think i need a better place for the ground wire and REM wire, the ground wire is on the tailgate side latch stud, and the REM or remote wire is wired to i ign fuse. need some info for what to do

Old 10-05-2008, 05:08 PM
jhoe414 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: trying to get system to work need help asap

check the speaker wires going from your subwoofer to your amp. if the amp works then its not the amplifier wiring but it might be the rca cables. make sure they are in the right hookup on the amp. some amps have a low input and a high input. also make sure the settings on your amp are set ok. some dont do a thing if the gain is really low. also make sure the rca cables are hooked up to your head unit. if everything checks out ok on all of that then i would try another subwoofer.

Old 10-05-2008, 07:02 PM
01vortec is an unknown quantity at this point

you mention REM and ground wire but you have no mention of an actual power wire. Do you even have one?

Old 10-06-2008, 12:21 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

check you gains, rcas, fuses. your headunit should have a wire on the back of it for the remote if its an aftermarket deck. The ground should be fine although you could do better

Old 10-20-2008, 09:13 AM
bob_17_2005 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yea, I would for sure look into another spot for grounding your amp, I used one of the rear seat bolts that attach the seat to the body, it was just in an easy spot once you fold the rear seat down. And if you are running an aftermarket head unit the chances are that as jagblazer01 mentioned, it should have a wire for the remote wire (it may also be labeled power antenna). Once you find a solid ground and remote, then if your power supply is ok to the amp the only other thing that I would say to try is another sub....

Also, if you were able to give us the brand and specifications of your head unit, amp, and sub this would be helpfull too

Old 10-20-2008, 09:58 AM
bobditts is an unknown quantity at this point

Best way to troubleshoot is to break out your DMM and start crackin! There are ways to test your ground, power, Rem wire, and RCAs without having to swap them all out blindly. Please brush up on your electronics knowledge before attempting anything.