Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Tweeter Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 04:58 PM
88s10Blazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tweeter Question

What excatly are they for? Where would be the best place to put them? How do you hook them up?

Old 12-23-2006, 05:45 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future
Default RE: Tweeter Question

tweeters help pick up higher notes in songs and help bring out vocals better....you can buy them at any audio store on online at like crutchfield. hooking them up is very easy...usually just disconnect the exisiting wiring if u have factory tweeters, if not then its just a matter of running speaker wire from the tweeter into a crossover

Old 12-23-2006, 06:13 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

they really just help out with highs. usually on dash or your pillar. wouldnt get them unless they came as part of a component set.

Old 12-23-2006, 06:39 PM
88s10Blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: hillbillyinOhio
wouldnt get them unless they came as part of a component set.
Why is that? And where would the crossover be? Not sure what a crossover is exactly. I'm trying to learn all I can about systems. Anyone know how much a basic install would be? A deck and subs? Like running the wires for the amp(ground, power, etc) I suppose I could do it. But I don't have the time or patience. If I lived closer to one of you guys... but I don't.

Old 12-23-2006, 08:10 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

a crossover takes away certain frequencies from your speakers, like deep bass from your door speakers and a tweeter. Component systems are matched up really well, and they will factor in impedence so you don't jack up your deck.

Basic install of deck will run about 40 bucks, plus parts, (ie dash kit, antenna adaptor, and wiring harness.)

Most shops will charge in the neighborhood of 60 bucks to install an amp. that for running wires everwhere and hiding them really well.

If you order from crutchfield.com, they give you the dash kit, wiring harness and antenna adaptor for free and instructions on how to do it when you buy a cd player from them. I could give ya my cell number and I could talk you through every aspect of that installation . would be a breeze for both of us. let me know.