Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

uknown radio issue.

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2015, 05:04 AM
Beginning Member
wirspider is on a distinguished road
Default uknown radio issue.

hey all,

ive been running a pioneer stereo in my dd 98 ls 4dr for about 4 years. i used to run the stock but the cd stopped working so i had to replace it.

i stopped at a buds house on the way home last night, turned the radio down, shut the blazer off and bs'd a while with him. left to go home and went to turn my radio up and at full volume it was just barely audible through the right dash speaker. so i thought ok, time for another stereo.

came home threw another one in and the same exact thing happened. i tried bypassing the harness and still, the same thing. tried a 3rd one i had laying around and still the same result. i grabbed a pioneer speaker and hooked it straight to the stereo and it played great.

any thoughts on what could be causing only the right dash speaker to work at only a very low volume. plus even though its really low i can tell it doesn't sound right either.

thanks...

Old 06-08-2015, 01:09 AM
lazyboyjake is on a distinguished road

The speaker is probably just old and finally died. The factory dash speakers are just tweeters in a 4x6 space so you can either disconnect it or find some 4x6 speakers and replace them.