Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Upgrading speakers in my 2000 Blazer LT?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2018, 05:47 PM
Beginning Member
Big'n is on a distinguished road

Blazed instead of fading the rear forward does you amp have separate gain control for front an rear ? You can try an cut back a lil power to the rear an see if it helps. I'm sure you have thought of that already just thinking out loud lol

Old 10-30-2018, 05:50 PM
Beginning Member

If anyone is interested I've got 16 12" subs I may be selling gonna down grade to 6 18" soon I think lol depends on how soon I get the dog house built my ol lady is gonna put me in lol

Old 10-30-2018, 05:53 PM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Big'n
Blazed instead of fading the rear forward does you amp have separate gain control for front an rear ? You can try an cut back a lil power to the rear an see if it helps. I'm sure you have thought of that already just thinking out loud lol
Even doing that I'd be in the same situation as I would just fading them from the deck. It's still reducing power to the rear mid drivers and would just be screwing with the sound staging. Thus why I just want to put a toggle switch on the rear door tweeters. I guess if I really wanted to get crazy creative I could put some potentiometers on the rear tweeters and really adjust and dial them in lol

Old 10-30-2018, 06:06 PM
Beginning Member

Ok I figured it out put rear mids n highs up front pull the back seat out build a wall throw 4 18's in it an Tada no need for rear stage lol

Old 10-30-2018, 06:08 PM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

nah I like my rear seats, and the pair of Rockford P3 12's I have is enough for me

Old 10-30-2018, 06:18 PM
Beginning Member

Looks good. My jimmy use to look something like that now it's stripped full of fiber glass wood battery's an equiptment. Gets put on a trailer most places it goes an is a constant pain in my A$$ lol

Old 10-30-2018, 06:21 PM
Beginning Member

Those 2 subs will give you a lot better response if you built an enclosure with subs up an port back. I'm sure it sounds good now but you can always get more with a lil tweet here an there

Old 10-30-2018, 07:32 PM
Maverick338369 is on a distinguished road

Thanks guys. I was comparing the jbl club speakers. And looking at it, you're exactly right. It makes sense now. And I thought mounting the crossovers behind the door panel was a no no due to vibration and moisture. If it didn't look bad, I had thought about just mounting them to the kick panels, but there's just no way I can make that look good. Lol I'll take pics of my setup once I get my components in. Yall have already seen pics of my rear doors.

Old 10-30-2018, 07:47 PM
Beginning Member

Mount then behind the kick panels. If you want to mount them behind the door panel an are worried about moisture put them in a zip lock bag an zip tie it closed around your wires

Old 10-30-2018, 07:56 PM
Beginning Member

Where do you guys buy your car audio ? Have you looked at sonic electronic or online car stereo.com
free shipping on most everything fast shipping no hassle customer support an great equiptment CHEAP !! The amps I run are upwards of 1000 bucks each I got them from sonic for less than half of that until they stopped selling them lol. They do sell cheap crap but they also sell high end. Look at Cadence or American Bass hell they have almost everything you could want

Quick Reply: Upgrading speakers in my 2000 Blazer LT?