Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

What amp would I need?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 09:59 PM
Defiant is on a distinguished road

IanD check out this amp. FLI Audio FL1200M-F2 1200W Max Monoblock Power Amplifier
This amp for 70 bucks seems like a steal, the tuning capabilities look pretty sweet. Apparently the brand FLI is the entry level stuff that is made by another pretty well respected british car audio company named Vibe.

Old 12-27-2011, 05:38 PM
IanD is on a distinguished road

@Defiant, that actually looks pretty decent, I am going to do some more research on it. Seriously though, thanks everybody, for everything.

Old 12-28-2011, 04:23 AM
Starting Member
Blazer51 is on a distinguished road

@IanD Just make sure you hook it up right and it will work out for you. I like ported enclosures but its up to you when you hook it up i mean if you have two boxes one ported one not try them out and see which one you like best . best of luck man.

Old 12-28-2011, 12:15 PM

I personally like sealed enclosures, they aren't as loud but I have found that they produce cleaner bass. As Blazer51 stated if you have both just try them both out and choose which one you like best.

Old 12-28-2011, 03:37 PM

Hey everyone, so I took into consideration what everybody was saying i.e get an amp that's more tweak-able than a Kenwood etc. so what I did was I ordered this amp, a Crunch P1 600.2

Crunch P1 600.2 (P1600.2) 600W Power One 2-Channel Amplifier

here are some of the specs

RMS Power Rating:
4 ohms: 75 watts x 2 chan.
2 ohms: 150 watts x 2 chan.
Bridged, 4 ohms: 300 watts x 1 chan.
MAX Power Rating (14.4V):
4 ohms: 150 watts x 2 chan.
2 ohms: 300 watts x 2 chan.
Bridged, 4 ohms: 600 watts x 1 chan.

I think that it is pretty decent for the price. Thanks everyone for your input

Old 12-28-2011, 10:55 PM

Take the max power rating with a grain of salt, from a Crunch brand amplifier there is no way that you will get 600 watts. I wouldn't worry too much about that though 300 watts is more than adequate for the single Infiniti Kappa you have. That amp does look nice and if your head unit has subwoofer controls then you shouldnt miss the bass **** that the amp I showed you came with.

Old 12-29-2011, 12:37 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by IanD
Hey everyone, so I took into consideration what everybody was saying i.e get an amp that's more tweak-able than a Kenwood etc. so what I did was I ordered this amp, a Crunch P1 600.2

Crunch P1 600.2 (P1600.2) 600W Power One 2-Channel Amplifier

here are some of the specs

RMS Power Rating:
4 ohms: 75 watts x 2 chan.
2 ohms: 150 watts x 2 chan.
Bridged, 4 ohms: 300 watts x 1 chan.
MAX Power Rating (14.4V):
4 ohms: 150 watts x 2 chan.
2 ohms: 300 watts x 2 chan.
Bridged, 4 ohms: 600 watts x 1 chan.

I think that it is pretty decent for the price. Thanks everyone for your input

Sounds great man, when you get it you should keep us posted on how it sounds, if you want more bass you can look forward to getting another amp or a bass reconstructor such as an epicenter but for now hope it sounds great. As Defiant said if you have controls for the sub on you head unit it be better for you, hook it up right and im sure you like it.

Old 12-29-2011, 08:32 AM

Yeah once I get it installed I'll make a video of the setup or something

Old 12-29-2011, 06:07 PM

Installed the head unit today and wired everything up with the help of my cousin, so when the amp comes in all I have to do is put it in with the sub.

Jeez, I started everything at 11 a.m. and finished at 5 p.m. in 50 degree weather, So much wiring and junk that I had to do, but it was definitely much easier since my cousin was helping me out. I'll take some pictures of the Head Unit tomorrow as well as the wiring, It is 6 gauge wire from a 1200 watt amp installation kit from Scosche, that I picked up at Walmart.

I'm definitely impressed by the boost in sound quality after I installed the new Head Unit, sound MUCH better than before, it is so crisp and loud it's ridiculous.

Apart form installing the sub and amp, next thing I have to do is install new speakers in the back and I should be good with the audio, and can spend my money on other things like a grille guard, or a roof basket.

Thanks again everyone, with everything. I don't know what I would have done or bought without your guy's help.

Oh yeah and last question, okay so there really isn't much of any padding inside of my sub enclosure, my cousin said that I should take a pillow and rip it up and throw it in there. Has anybody ever heard of this? He said that it will make the bass sound much better

Old 12-29-2011, 08:59 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by IanD
Installed the head unit today and wired everything up with the help of my cousin, so when the amp comes in all I have to do is put it in with the sub.

Jeez, I started everything at 11 a.m. and finished at 5 p.m. in 50 degree weather, So much wiring and junk that I had to do, but it was definitely much easier since my cousin was helping me out. I'll take some pictures of the Head Unit tomorrow as well as the wiring, It is 6 gauge wire from a 1200 watt amp installation kit from Scosche, that I picked up at Walmart.

I'm definitely impressed by the boost in sound quality after I installed the new Head Unit, sound MUCH better than before, it is so crisp and loud it's ridiculous.

Apart form installing the sub and amp, next thing I have to do is install new speakers in the back and I should be good with the audio, and can spend my money on other things like a grille guard, or a roof basket.

Thanks again everyone, with everything. I don't know what I would have done or bought without your guy's help.

Oh yeah and last question, okay so there really isn't much of any padding inside of my sub enclosure, my cousin said that I should take a pillow and rip it up and throw it in there. Has anybody ever heard of this? He said that it will make the bass sound much better
If its sealed you can but ive never done it as long as the enclosure is the right specifications for the sub your fine.

Quick Reply: What amp would I need?