Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

What battery do you run your system off of?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 12:49 PM
Argo123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What battery do you run your system off of?

I'm thinking of installing a "decently powered" CB radio (might run an amp also)into my 04 Blazer 4x4 and was wondering what kind of batteries I should look into.

I've read nothing but good things about the Deka Intimidator;
http://www.eastpenn-deka.com/assets/base/1143.pdf

Can't figure out if it will jive with my Blazer though...I don't see type 75 on that spec sheet..

But the auxullarytop posts are a must on whatever I get.

Old 10-13-2008, 12:57 PM
Blazin NC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: What battery do you run your system off of?

I use an Optima Yellow Top. It has top posts and side mounts, and it works great with all my accessories inside and out.

Old 10-13-2008, 01:48 PM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

I've been threw 3 yellows, there junk IMO now since they were bought out by Interstate.

I run 3 Odyssey's in my truck and wouldn't want anything else.

Click here

Old 10-13-2008, 03:23 PM
Starting Member
NoPh33rRaCiNg is an unknown quantity at this point

yellowtops suck for running up front, they are good for throwing in the rear for your stereo, use a redtop they are starting batterys. deka are great too, the size of batt you want is 34/78 if you want top and side posts

Old 10-13-2008, 04:00 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

im running a kinetik 1800 under the hood and 2 kinetik 2400s in the rear (getting ready to be 4)

Old 10-13-2008, 05:47 PM
bobditts is an unknown quantity at this point

I went cheap and bought the largest energizer brand car battery that samsclub sells. Great battery for the price. If I had unlimited funds, I would have gone with kinetik

Old 10-15-2008, 12:03 AM
JerzeyLegend is an unknown quantity at this point

I got a yellowtop. It has been in my 89 Acura Legend, and it now runs my '00 Blazer. No problems, no cold starts, died once in my Acura, got jumped, and never died again. I need a CAP or a HO Alt in my Blazer tho, the lights dim at night, when the bass starts kickin.

Old 10-15-2008, 12:51 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

ORIGINAL: JerzeyLegend

I got a yellowtop. It has been in my 89 Acura Legend, and it now runs my '00 Blazer. No problems, no cold starts, died once in my Acura, got jumped, and never died again. I need a CAP or a HO Alt in my Blazer tho, the lights dim at night, when the bass starts kickin.
honestly dude.....get the cap idea out of ur head...they are garbage. do the HO Alt., Big 3, and if all that dont work consider a second battery

Old 10-15-2008, 04:31 PM
bobditts is an unknown quantity at this point

screw the HO alt, just put the stock alt from a burban in your blazer. FI you ahve a 1st gen, you only need to buy a belt that is exactly 1" longer and drill the mounting bracket slightly larger to allow the larger bolt to fit.

Old 10-15-2008, 05:16 PM
JerzeyLegend is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a 2nd Gen. I will do the Big 3 for sure when I do my system upgrade. HO I guess will be in order. I am gonna be running four amps by next week. Too bad a cap is no good, I think they look cool as hell in a system.

Quick Reply: What battery do you run your system off of?