Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

WHAT DO YOU THINK

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 01:23 PM
livlifes2short is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: WHAT DO YOU THINK

out put jacks?? i dont have anything hooked up to those. oh side note all my above post were done on my cell phone so sorry about the caps its that t9 predictive text junk. let me be a little more detailed as to what i have set up. I have a insignia cd player... 40*4 front and rear outputs and sub output rear aux and front aux. i have a sirius sat radio mounted up by my mirrior ran the antenna and aux wire down the passenger side piller and the power cord down the drivers side. originallyi had it playing through the oem tape deck ( with a adapter ) and it worked fine no buzzing. now it buzzez like crazy. i am using all the factory wires with the aftermarket harness? so what should i do. keep in mind i havent even hooked up the four channel amp. what is going to happen when i do that is that going to give me more noise i would like to fix the sat radio before i continue thanks in advance for all the help!

Old 02-04-2007, 03:57 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

my guess is the ground on the aux input is bad.

Old 02-04-2007, 05:17 PM

i have my sat radio hooked up via cig lighter what is a better way to to fix this can i cut the negative wire from the cig adapter and ground it elsewhere would that fix my problem?? i am in chat if u get the moment thanks again for all the help

Old 02-04-2007, 05:33 PM

wait let me verify when u say that the aux ground is bad u mean my source that i am using as my aux in other words my sat radio has a bad ground correct? so i need to fix that would the above mentioned option fix that?? thanks in advance

Old 02-04-2007, 06:23 PM
boomtruck97 is an unknown quantity at this point

i would just suggest a new head unit my self. if you really want the best sound its the only way to really go. my suggestion would to get online and find a Lanzar VBD1100MP3 unit. it retails @ $185. online it should be cheaper.its a 60*4 output with Aux input, output rca's, and wil play MP3, WMA, CD, ect. i have put a few in different cars and they are really strong units - have yet to make one skip either.

Old 02-04-2007, 06:36 PM

do u know it the aux input is on the front or the rear of the radio u suggested. i need on that is in the back. the whole reason for getting the cheap one is that in a few months i will be getting a nav unit so i just need something to get me by. hillbillyinohio suggest that i exchange it with the possiblity that there is solder missing from the inside of the unit where the aux unit meets the circuitry i guess u would call it i am going to try that today and see what happens will let every one know asa[p thanks in advance

Old 02-05-2007, 06:08 PM
boomtruck97 is an unknown quantity at this point

input in the back.

Old 02-05-2007, 09:14 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

I would not suggest Lanzar for anything except for their top end amplifiers. If you check out their website, they do not list anything about fm sensitivity or Signal to noise ratio. Those things are important. I would just buy a base model Pioneer or JVC. A company with a better and longer track record in the making of HUs would be my choice

Old 02-06-2007, 10:58 AM

ok i went to besty buy to exchange the headunit CRAP cant find my recipet and guess what that company with all there money wouldnt even exchange the radio. **** on em so i am going to search for it today when i get off work.Well i was looking at some other radios and they had a open box pioneer DEH-P3800mp i paid 90 bucks after taxes... good buy?? so now my only problem is it has front outputs and a subwoofer out put what about my rears how do i hook up my 4 channel amp i no longer have the high input connector that came with the amp?? what should i do the radio is alot nicer thought glad i got it . thanks in advance again@!!

Old 02-06-2007, 01:30 PM
Starting Member
Loud_01_Blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

just use the front out puts....or get ahigh/low convertor... BTW besty buy?? whats up with that

Quick Reply: WHAT DO YOU THINK