Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Whats in the back?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 01:26 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future
Default RE: Whats in the back?

some decks don't have very many controls over the bass and amp... I had a friend who bought a sony deck about two years ago and the only woofer related control was sub on or sub off. however, my dad had a fairly cheap pioneer deck in his old mazda protege that dint have any bass controls at all... just make sure that whatever you buy has a lot of different settings so you can adjust things more specifically. go to a store where you can play with a lot of different decks and find whichever one you like most

Old 11-08-2007, 01:41 PM
cloak01ls is an unknown quantity at this point

I really nice deck with tons of conrtols for a great price is the Pioneer DEH-P5900IB or Premier 590IB...you can usually pick one of these up for around $200 shippedand is has 3 4volt pre-outs, tons of subwoofer controls, 7 band graphic EQ, and a very nice display...best bang for the buck IMO...

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...roductID=17672

Better deal...
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...roductID=17673

Only diffirence between the 5900 and 590 is that the 590 says "premier" on it and it comes with an iPod cable that is usually $30 extra

Old 11-08-2007, 05:36 PM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point

i use (4) true bass 8' subs with a massive p1500.1 amp to push them. it gets the job done pretty well but i am trying to sell them and thinking about getting a RE 18" sub and using my same amp to push it.

Old 11-08-2007, 06:56 PM

ORIGINAL: blznlowxtreme

i use (4) true bass 8' subs with a massive p1500.1 amp to push them. it gets the job done pretty well but i am trying to sell them and thinking about getting a RE 18" sub and using my same amp to push it.
Good choice. I've had about 5 RE SX-18"s and its still in my top 3 favorite subs...They like about 1200-1500w, too...

Old 11-08-2007, 07:56 PM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point

i haven't had any RE subs but i have heard them and they seem to be pretty strong. i will be putting 1500 watts at 1ohm to it. i dont even really knoww what they are worth but i am getting it brand new for $325+tax, and i will have to build the box. about how many cubes does the box need to be? i am hoping to be able to keep my spare tire in but not so sure i can. i figure i will need at least 5 or 6 cubes.

Old 11-08-2007, 08:34 PM

ORIGINAL: blznlowxtreme

i haven't had any RE subs but i have heard them and they seem to be pretty strong. i will be putting 1500 watts at 1ohm to it. i dont even really knoww what they are worth but i am getting it brand new for $325+tax, and i will have to build the box. about how many cubes does the box need to be? i am hoping to be able to keep my spare tire in but not so sure i can. i figure i will need at least 5 or 6 cubes.
$325 is a decent price. Well worth it. I've been working with RE for years and you really cant go wrong with anything they offer. As far as the box goes, 6 cubes is the minimum...But if you really want to get the full potential out of it, youre gonna have to nix that spare and bump it up to ~8 cubes...

Old 11-08-2007, 10:30 PM
Mr Blazer LT is an unknown quantity at this point

I have an Alpine Type - R 12" in a prefab Wal-Mart sealed box. It is powered with a Pioneer 2 channel amp delivering 400 watts at 8 ohms purchased from the same Wal-Mart 6 years ago. Deck is a Pioneer AVH 7500 DVD monitor. Speakers stock. Loud enough to shake the Blazer but not the neighbor's trailer house.

Alpine Type R is one of the best subs available for the money and sound quality. Highly recommended if you need a cheap sub upgrade.

Pyle is junk. That was an excellent analogy orwhatever it was with "Lamborghini" and "Wal-Mart tires."

When choosing a receiver, the more money spent the more features are included (generally). You need to figure out what you want your receiver to do for you. Then choose a brand, budget, and go from there. You are new at this so you may want a decent equipped deck with good sound shaping options so things are easier to set up when learning. Want to "wow" future vehicle occupants then you may want something with a nice display also and even maybe with custom display features. Some people who know how to create a proper soundstage like some of the bass competitors who post here probably won't need a deck with tons of sound options and all the bells and whistles, but just to play a lousy CD or accept the signal from the MP3 player.

Old 11-08-2007, 10:47 PM
SmokeU is an unknown quantity at this point

ok i have it now...

Kicker CompVR 12" Subwoofer/Enclosure Package

Mono ZX1500.1 amp - Kicker

Pioneer Deck

Old 11-08-2007, 10:57 PM

ORIGINAL: SmokeU

ok i have it now...

Kicker CompVR 12" Subwoofer/Enclosure Package

Mono ZX1500.1 amp - Kicker

Pioneer Deck

I would highly advise against the Sub/Box combo...Prefabricated boxes are junk and sound like ***. Get a design from an experienced box builder and build your own box, or have a local specialty shop build you one...Other than that it sounds like a decent system...CVR's are the only sub I would ever reccomend from Kicker...

Old 11-08-2007, 10:57 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

is that two cvr12's?

watch ebay closely on the amp. i checked everyday for like two weeks and was able to snag a new zx750 for $187 shipped

ORIGINAL: cloak01ls

...CVR's are the only sub I would ever reccomend from Kicker...
what about the CompVX or the L5s or L7s? or SoloX??

Quick Reply: Whats in the back?