Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Whats in the back?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 11:43 PM
SmokeU is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Whats in the back?

for now I'm buying from circut city

there the only local retailer of Kicker stuff

we went today and tested out a bunch of stuff and i like thos CompCV's the best and they dont sell just the individual subs but I'm probably gona end up buying from eBay as the stor wants to charge me $400 for them $73 for the deck, and like $170 for the amp

but i have run into a bit of snag as well... my dad doesent want me to replace the "perfecty fine deck" with an aftermarket one and i tolled him that i have to but he wont listen to reason but we will see what happens in the future

hopefully he will change his mind

Old 11-08-2007, 11:58 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

$170 for a zx1500 ?? thats a great deal... i have a 15" compVR but i, unfortunately, havent been able to hear it yet.

my dad is the same way. he thinks im an idiot for buying a new sub and amp when i already have two in my truck.

Old 11-08-2007, 11:59 PM

ORIGINAL: otnietdehoooo

$170 for a zx1500 ?? thats a great deal... i have a 15" compVR but i, unfortunately, havent been able to hear it yet.

my dad is the same way. he thinks im an idiot for buying a new sub and amp when i already have two in my truck.
well atleast i think is the zx1500... lol

Old 11-09-2007, 12:21 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

i would double check and if it is, then grab 1 (or 2) before they realize their mistake... those things are like $350 on ebay

Old 11-09-2007, 10:40 AM

awwww man... well now hes got another thing were he thinks that "there going to be a distraction" to my driving

he just doesen't want to spend the money but what he doesen't understand is that I'm going to be paying for some of it as well

Old 11-09-2007, 11:43 AM
RedXtreme04 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: cloak01ls

ORIGINAL: SmokeU

what do you guys use to make your cars shake?

myself I'm going to get 2 JL Audio 13W7's and to power them a PYLE PLA-2680 Red Elite 2400 Watt 2-CHANNEL Bridgeable Mosfet Amplifier
christmas presint to my self lol

but my question is... will it work? I have not a clue about subwoofers and audio stuff

all I know is that I have to get an aftermarket deck and I want it to pound hard

The Bad News: I hate to burst your bubble, but im certain that amp wont do anywhere near 1/2 of 2400watts...That is a "Max Power" rating, which is basically a marketing scheme and only if the amplifier is blowing up will you ever see that much power out of it. The reality is that I would estimate you are somewhere around 700watts rms...Which, unfortunately isnt near enough to run both those subs...

The Good News: You have some very nice, high-end subwoofers. You might have enough power to run ONE of them, but thats not taking into concideration the ohm loads...The subs need 1000watts rms each to perform optimally. This means that you will need 2000watts of continuous power from an amp. Unfortunately that is going to cost no less than about $500...

If you are interested in finding an amp to run them let me know and I can find you something suitable...If this is busting your budget than i would advise you sell one of the subs and use the money for a good amp to power the single sub...
I agree.. one of those subs is MORE than enough to give you a headache. I would invest in a good amp that will power one of those bad boys all day every day.

Old 11-09-2007, 11:53 AM
RedXtreme04 is an unknown quantity at this point

JL 500/1 powering 2 JL 12W3-v2's in a custom sealed enclosure </br>
JL 300/4 powering a set of XR 6.5 2-way components, and Focal 6x9's. </br>
I have Boston Acoustic 4x6 in the dash, but I keep them wired to the Alpine deck. </br>
Also an Audio Control line-driver to add a little extra clarity/power...

Old 11-09-2007, 11:55 AM
BF Veteran

thats exactly what my dad did when i first started driving. my cd player came with a remote which may sound dumb but it does help keep your eyes on the road. you dont have to look down at the deck to find a button. once you know the layout of the remote, its less of a distraction.

however, when you're driving with subs, your rearview mirror becomes obsolete. any low frequency will cause it shake so much you cant realistically use it as a mirror

Old 11-09-2007, 03:19 PM

well its not like I'm going to be playing it hugely loud while driving anyways maybe when i pull up at a stop lightjust for fun lol

I'll talk to him tonight and hopefully change his mind

Old 11-09-2007, 06:59 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

I just RCA'd a couple of lightlyused sealed MTX 12s on a Orion 500rms 800maxamp and I'm good to go until I have enough money for a full system. My stock H/U and subs are the best sounding things on the block, not neccesarily the loudest...
I paid 170 for the amp and 150 for the subs and box, and had them installed by the guy I bought the subs from. Installation costed $50, which I didn't mind paying considering I wouldn't have done it for any less!

My rearveiw is absolutely useless when I crank it. I can see whether or notthere is anything behind me, but I can't tell what it is! LOL I fixed most of my rattles too with some 3m tape, which is something you definately want to do. The door switch panels rattle to no end.

My dad had absolutely nothing to do with the subs. I bought them myself this summer. It was worth every penny of it.

And you should definately jump on the deal if it is a zx1500!

Quick Reply: Whats in the back?