Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Where to install a CD Changer

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 09:24 PM
JC in SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where to install a CD Changer

JC in SoCal here.

Just purchased a 96' S-10 Blazer 4x4, 4 door with all the bells & whistles. It was the old " Little Old Lady who only drove it Sundays" type of deal. It has a little over 42K miles, and I have lived next door to the owners( a couple in their 80's) since they bought it new in 96. It is white with tan leather interior and looks great.

Right now the only thing I want to do is get rid of the factory radio and put a new headunit and CD changer. Problem is, where do I put the changer. I have eyeballed the interior and don't see a spot to stash the unit.

I am open to any suggestions.

... JC in SoCal ...

Old 08-27-2006, 09:28 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Where to install a CD Changer

You could see about fitting it under one of the front seats. The factory changer in my Bravada is in the center console.

Old 08-27-2006, 09:34 PM

Kyle,

I had not thought of the console. Is the Bravada just a rebadged Blazer? I had not looked into the Olds line at all. I have looked under the front seats and just by eyeball, there does not appear to be enough clearence, but I will take the tape next time I get into it.

Thanks,

... JC ...

Old 08-27-2006, 10:17 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, a Bravada is a rebadged blazer, but with more standard options and AWD.

There may not be enough clearance under the seat, depending on how large your changer is, but I know I have seen more than a few installed under the seats. If you have power seats, measure with the seat in the furthest down position as well as furthest front and furthest back to make sure that there is clearance under the worst case scenario positions.

Old 08-29-2006, 01:18 AM

Had a few minuets today to look at the under seat idea.

I want to use a Sony changer and headunit so the console is a no go as well.

Now, I looked briefly at the area back where the jack is stowed. There appears to be room enough under the jack mount for the changer. I would need to cut an access door to insert the cartridge, but that would not be a big deal.

A project for this weekend.... Remove the panel and see what is behind it and how much room is there to be used.

... JC ...