Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

WIRING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 03:31 AM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of
Default RE: WIRING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks... just one more quick question... would the subs perform any different (better) if i somehow exchanged them for 4ohm subs?? if so, crutchfield will let me exchange them within 30 days with free shipping....

Old 11-21-2006, 03:34 AM
BF Veteran
XBlazer01 has a spectacular aura aboutXBlazer01 has a spectacular aura about

the wattage will be alittle better if you were too. See we were under the impression you would run it at 2 ohms when ya got em lol.

I mean it's up to you really.

Old 11-21-2006, 03:35 AM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

will it make enough difference to go through the trouble of shipping them back? i mean if its not gonna be much difference then im not gonna fool with it. .

Old 11-21-2006, 03:46 AM
BF Veteran

It's tough to say. you will get more power output at 4 ohms cause less resistance ya know. companies dont usually say what the amp puts at 8 ohms so its hard to tell really.

This all goes back to the water in the hose thing for the resistance in wiring ya know. less resistance more flow so yes you will get more power out of the 4 ohm BUT is that little power gain worth sending em back and all

Old 11-21-2006, 03:49 AM

hmm.... well, if it will make a difference in sound quality i will send them back... i probably will call crutchfield and send them back tomorrow for an exchange on the 4ohm woofers... i mean its free of charge. . . . and I want the best sound and most power.... itll just set me back about a week.....

Old 11-21-2006, 03:59 AM
BF Veteran

Sorry for the misunderstanding dude. lol i feel bad bout it and all now

Old 11-21-2006, 12:19 PM

so, now that I know the wiring..lol Which setup will give me the best performance? wire the subs at 4ohms on 2 channels, or bridge them at 8 ohms? i may just keep them... I could't imagine that with a small setup like I have, there would be much if any difference in sound between the 4 and 2 ohm subs, so I think i'll just keep them..

Old 11-21-2006, 01:20 PM
BF Veteran

I'd do the 4 ohm's on 2 channel's

Old 11-21-2006, 02:35 PM
Starting Member
Loud_01_Blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

^^x2

Old 11-21-2006, 04:46 PM

im reading the owners manual for the subs.... it says not to run them on more than 300 watts continuous power.... if I wire them at 4ohs on 2 channels I will have between 125 and 200 watts going to each sub continuously.... so I think that will be my best bet and give me the best sound quality... thanks so much for your help guys, i'm getting ready to go install em..... pics coming soon............

also.... this spring I will be asking one of you to help me design a rectangular port enclosure for my system..... I have only designed and built sealed boxes.... the rectangular port is relatively new to me......... it is reccomended for the comp vr to have extremely deep competition bass....lol but that wont be till april or somethin....

BTW... whats this I read about filling a sealed box 50% with polyfill?

Quick Reply: WIRING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!