Blazer CUV C1XX (2019- ) Tech Discuss the new Chevrolet Blazer CUV (C1XX platform) general tech topics here.

2020 Blazer stock stereo

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2020, 09:50 PM
Chiko is on a distinguished road
Default 2020 Blazer stock stereo

I was just wondering what kind of stereo the 2020 blazer comes with and if anyone had a user manual/diagram or something for it because I can't seem to find any sort of information on it anywhere.
I'm planning on getting a 2020 sometime and I plan on adding my sub and stuff to it and just want to make sure it has all the basic plugins and stuff like the RCA's and stuff because I'd rather not tear it out and put an aftermarket one in if I don't have to just so I can add my sub.
Like I said, I just can't seem to find any info about the stock stereo online so I thought to try here, thanks to anyone with any info.

Old 08-28-2020, 08:32 AM
Cimmerian is on a distinguished road

I think like two people on this forum have the new "Blazer", but don't really post much. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Old 08-28-2020, 08:36 AM
BF Veteran
Tom A will become famous soon enough

Stock radios rarely have all that stuff. And nowadays, they're usually pretty integrated with other vehicle electronics like backup cameras, climate controls, and pretty much everything else. It's not that easy to replace the factory stereo and still maintain functionality. I would check crutchfield.com to see what they say. If there's an adapter, interface, etc. available, they can tell you about it.

Old 08-28-2020, 12:44 PM
da67goatman is on a distinguished road

You'll need to reference either Pac-audio.com or Metraonline.com to see which integration module/harness you will need. With newer vehicles, its no longer cheap/simple to add subs or amps. I'd budget no less than $500 just for the Harness and integration modules on top of the sub, box, amplifier and wiring.

Old 05-06-2022, 04:49 PM
Beginning Member
DaveS2021 is on a distinguished road

I have a 2021 Blazer. My Motorola smartphone can bluetooth for phone calls, but it won't Android Auto. I can Android Auto with a cable. Has anyone had this same problem?

Old 05-06-2022, 04:57 PM
BF Veteran
Tom A will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by DaveS2021
I have a 2021 Blazer. My Motorola smartphone can bluetooth for phone calls, but it won't Android Auto. I can Android Auto with a cable. Has anyone had this same problem?
I don't know for sure about the Blazer, but my wife's 2021 SUV from another manufacturer is the same way. I think it might be a limitation of Android Auto itself.

Old 05-06-2022, 05:12 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by Tom A
I don't know for sure about the Blazer, but my wife's 2021 SUV from another manufacturer is the same way. I think it might be a limitation of Android Auto itself.
Thanks Tom

Old 05-07-2022, 12:06 PM
Beginning Member

I can't figure out how to Bluetooth Android Auto. My phone is a Motorola Android phone. Boggle. So, I am going to have to use the USB cable, which is fine because it charges the phone. The next issue is the MP3 player. The MP3 player on the phone will bluetooth with the radio and I can control the music with the Blazer touch screeen. That is good. I can skip to the next song which is all I really need to do. BUT... with the Phone plugged into the USB, the bluetooth won't work, so the only way to control the MP3 player is on the Phone. So, if I want to do both Android Auto with the phone MP3 player, there is no way to control both with the Blazer touch screen. Frustrating. So, I need to have the phone where I can control the MP3 player. I don't like having to look down too far to see the phone, so the cup holders and tray in front of the gear shifter is too low. I don't have the turbo or RS, so I have the simple instrument cluster and I found the perfect spot to put the phone where I can control the MP3 and have Android Auto at the same time. The phone sits in this spot really well.

Old 05-07-2022, 07:53 PM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

That's a sweet spot. I've tried many times to do that same spot on the 2nd gen, but it goes flying when turning lol...

Have you though about one of those wireless chargers to sit your phone on? assuming you plug it in to charge...

With my after market deck in my 2nd gen, I had to do that if I wanted to charge through the USB and use bluetooth, or had to use one of those cigarette lighter charger ports.

Old 05-07-2022, 09:06 PM
Beginning Member

DonL, I don't know if this Motorola can charge with a pad. I'm old school with the usb cord. I leery about a RF transmitter being that close to me. Cellphone is enough microwaves for my liking. Don't need another source.

Quick Reply: 2020 Blazer stock stereo