Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

[PROJECT] It's About That Time

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 04:58 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute
Default [PROJECT] It's About That Time

Bought the truck with 37k on it in 2003ish. Finally paid it off as of 5/3/10. Just passed this recently as well:

When I first got the truck I wanted to do a triple black theme, black wheels, black paint, black interior, hence the TripleBlackBlazer screen name.

Even went so far as to chop my idea (minus the black because I wasn't good at Photoshop then):

Now that it's actually paid off and I've come to my senses (and decided to lift it instead of lower), I can start on what I've wanted to for a long time now.

Bought some 17x9 Camaro SS rims a while back:

And a quick chop:

Just pulled the trigger on 7/28 to buy 255/70/17's for it. Diameter of 31.1 inches according to http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Until I get a PCM tune, the speedometer will be 11.1% too slow, traveling 66.7 mph when the speedometer shows 60.

Also will be adding either a long leaf or another stock leaf to my existing pack once I hear back from BJ.

I also have a Manik brush guard I picked up off craigslist for $60 that I have installed. No pics just yet.

Tires arrived today, 7/30. Tirerack was crazy quick!

Old 07-17-2010, 05:29 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

sexitime?

Old 07-17-2010, 05:32 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

no, miller time.

Old 07-17-2010, 07:38 PM
pj5454302 will become famous soon enough

No I think its sextime.

Old 07-17-2010, 07:54 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blazin_Jason
sexitime?
ding

ding

ding

Just getting ready to start the slow, long, money-draining process of upgrading. Nothing crazy at first, but down the road...

...might just involve picking up a $300 beater single-cab shortbed S10 while the Blazer is down...

Old 07-17-2010, 08:09 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

Here I thought it was just gonna be the maro wheels finally. Can't wait to hear what's planned.

Old 07-17-2010, 09:03 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by Blazin_Jason
Here I thought it was just gonna be the maro wheels finally. Can't wait to hear what's planned.
Ok FINE. I'll FINALLY be ordering 255/65/17's in General Grabber AT2's this coming week. Just have to speak with customer service because they're on backorder in that size. Just need to see if they're going to charge my card now or when they are in stock. I was going to go with the Firestone Destination AT's in the same size but the Grabbers were a heavier ply and therefore have a higher load rating. Unfortunately they're also about 4 lbs. heavier per tire...

Pics when they come in!

And yes there are other plans.

Old 07-17-2010, 09:52 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by TripleBlackBlazer
My spidey senses are tingling. I sense a turbo, supercharger and nitros!

Old 07-17-2010, 11:35 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by TripleBlackBlazer
Ok FINE. I'll FINALLY be ordering 255/65/17's in General Grabber AT2's this coming week. Just have to speak with customer service because they're on backorder in that size. Just need to see if they're going to charge my card now or when they are in stock. I was going to go with the Firestone Destination AT's in the same size but the Grabbers were a heavier ply and therefore have a higher load rating. Unfortunately they're also about 4 lbs. heavier per tire...

Pics when they come in!

you should've went with the LT245/70R17's then, they come in a 10/E rating.

still, the General was 1 of the tires i was looking @ for the new hoops i picked up.

lookin' foeward to seeing pic's ofthem on your Blazer, when they come in.

Originally Posted by RangerG
My spidey senses are tingling. I sense a turbo, supercharger and nitros!
nah, that's just your wishful thinking!

Old 07-26-2010, 10:16 PM
BF Veteran

Holding off on tires for another week or two to see if any rebates come out. Otherwise it looks like I'll be getting 255/70/17's in Firestone Destination A/T's.

Pricing out the local spring shop for long leaf AAL's (was looking at shackles but I plan on towing and read that AAL's are better for towing than shackles). Will be purchasing and installing the AAL's myself if the local shop is cost-prohibitive.

Quick Reply: [PROJECT] It's About That Time