Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

[PROJECT] It's About That Time

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 09:29 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blazin_Jason
Ya I think it cost me $300-$350 to re-arch my springs and add a leaf for the blazer. Plus then add on new u-bolts so it's about right. That was with me R&R them myself. That's why on the other trucks they got an extra stock leaf that I put in. Much cheaper
I would like to hear more about this, BEEJ...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand just pulled the trigger on 255/70/17's! ETA 7/30-8/2

Old 07-29-2010, 12:47 AM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

Basically a cheaper way of doing what you plan to do. I took a leaf from another pack and cut it down a couple inches. I believe it was a little shorter than the 2nd leaf. Drilling the spring steel for the plastic isolator was a huge PITA. It added around 1.5" of lift and I haven't noticed any ride change. Of course that was after powder coating them and installing new ES bushings. I say stick with the long AAL and new ES bushings. You can handle that yourself.

Old 07-29-2010, 03:40 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

That concept you have on post #1 is sick

Old 07-29-2010, 07:15 PM
Beginning Member
Project_95_Blazer is on a distinguished road

cool project, those rims are a big improvement.

Old 07-29-2010, 08:17 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Small snag on finding decently priced long leafs. May have to hold off on everything I was planning next week...

I can at least get the tires mounted and balanced.

Old 07-30-2010, 07:35 PM
BF Veteran

<There will be more sidewall showing than this, just wanted to get a general idea...

Pre-surgery profile shot:

A lift is DEFINITELY needed, LOL. Waiting for an answer back from Synergy Offroad and one other company. About to order the leaf spring bushings from energysuspensionparts.com I really wish you could buy factory direct instead of through dealers...

P.S. Don't mind the .net decal, just haven't scraped it off yet.

Go-Go-Gadget LIFT!*

*May not be to scale

Old 07-31-2010, 02:05 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Looks nice!

Old 08-02-2010, 04:42 PM
BF Veteran

WOOT!

They are on and they are GLORIOUS!
(Note:All pics in this post are without the AAL and t-bar crank)

<This was with all but the RF tire changed out. RF was still the stock tire.

And the clearance issues before the t-bar and AAL:

^Driver's side rub during turn ^Passenger's side rub during turn

They had a heck of a time getting the tire to seat on the bead. I just tirerack again and the maximum recommended width for the tire is 8.5". The rims are 9". How much trouble am I in running this 'skinny' of a tire on this wide of a rim? Will .5" cause problems? I've seen some crazy stretch before and I don't think it'll be a problem, just checking with those who know better than I do.

I have done the t-bar crank. Maxed them out (they will come back down) and I still rub on compressed turns so I will most definitely be trimming. How much trimming is the question. Passenger's side sits about 1/2" lower than driver's side. Might go Hanr3's route and just cut it all up and hide it with some chrome wheelwell trim (painted white to match the body). Down the road I will do fender flares or mudflaps to cover it up better.

Old 08-02-2010, 05:24 PM
BF Veteran

They look GOOOOD!

Old 08-02-2010, 05:46 PM
BF Veteran

Quick Reply: [PROJECT] It's About That Time