Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

[PROJECT] It's About That Time

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010 | 07:28 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Very nice Gary! Told ya you were gonna have to do some surgery!

As far as the rim width goes, you won't want to air down the tires at all, but they should stay up there. 9" rim width on a 10" section width tire isn't ideal, but it isn't really unsafe either.

Rims look killer!

Old 08-02-2010 | 08:44 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

wheels 'n tires are looking sweet brother!

as for the tires being a little "skinny", don't worry about that little bit. you'd have to hammer the tires pretty hard (while turned sideways) to worry about poppin' the bead or anything.

tire shop probably had an issue seating the bead due to the heavy sidewall.

your truck is gonna be really nice once you get it lifted.

Old 08-02-2010 | 09:05 PM
|
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Very nice Gary! Told ya you were gonna have to do some surgery!

As far as the rim width goes, you won't want to air down the tires at all, but they should stay up there. 9" rim width on a 10" section width tire isn't ideal, but it isn't really unsafe either.

Rims look killer!
Yeah, bought a hacksaw tonight. Gonna do it Hanr3 style.

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
wheels 'n tires are looking sweet brother!

as for the tires being a little "skinny", don't worry about that little bit. you'd have to hammer the tires pretty hard (while turned sideways) to worry about poppin' the bead or anything.

tire shop probably had an issue seating the bead due to the heavy sidewall.

your truck is gonna be really nice once you get it lifted.
I think new t-bars are in order very shortly here. Driver's side was ok and still had lots of room to lift. I must have cranked the passenger's side earlier on to level the front end out and it only had a few turns left in it.

AAL:
Shipment Date: August 2, 2010 Destination: LANCASTER, PA, US Estimated Arrival: August 3, 2010
Energy Suspension leaf spring bushings (black):
Status: In Transit - On Time Scheduled Delivery Date:08/04/2010 Shipped To: MANHEIM, PA, US
And thanks for the compliments, guys. I tried to do my homework on this and it's been a long time coming. I think I bought those rims LAST summer.

Old 08-03-2010 | 09:54 PM
|
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Fabtech AAL came in today. Looks pretty straightforward. Need to buy a few more big C-clamps as I only have 1, maybe 2. Hopefully bushings get here on time tomorrow and I can do it all in one shot. I'll do the fender trimming in the morning until they show up.

Old 08-03-2010 | 10:55 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

remember.............we want pic's after it's all said 'n done!

Old 08-04-2010 | 04:25 PM
|
BF Veteran

I picked the hottest day to work on my truck. Tomorrow is no different. Thought I would get trimming and at least started on the rear AAL but it's just too hot. Spent all day cutting the fender with many, many breaks. Learned a lot, especially what not to do. Will post pics later.

Old 08-04-2010 | 09:01 PM
BF Guru

i hear ya on working in the heat wave.

keep cool brother.

Old 08-04-2010 | 09:05 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

You should be okay with 2 c-clamps on the spring. Just be cautious and it goes easy. We are still waiting on the pics.

Old 08-04-2010 | 10:14 PM
|
BF Veteran

TSK TSK, calling me out in my own thread *

Found a spot where it rubbed, full lock against the frame on the passenger's side, which is the weak t-bar side.

And the cutting today:

How far I got on the passenger's side with a hacksaw before I gave up...er..got smart and rented a sawzall:

The results (not too crazy about them but BJ assures me all will be well):

Driver's side turned out a little better:

Plenty of clearance now, rear is still in the air to tackle leaf springs tomorrow so I didn't test the turn. I'm either going to get some mud flaps that come up really high or I don't know. Either way I have to save up for some flares to cover it all up.

*J/K I love you

Old 08-04-2010 | 10:57 PM
BF Guru

Originally Posted by TripleBlackBlazer
bwahahahaha! i'm liking that one!

where'd you find that one?

Quick Reply: [PROJECT] It's About That Time