Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

01 2dr Blazer

Old 02-07-2015, 06:04 PM
lazyboyjake is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 247monster
Looks great man props! I really like those halos and the light bar
Thanks man! And I love my light bar. It is crazy bright and hasn't given me any problems, knock on wood, despite it being an amazon bar.

Old 02-08-2015, 06:59 PM

I got a flag pole for my Blazer today! I've rode down the road at around 50 and didn't notice a whole lot of movement so I'm pretty happy with it.

I also noticed I've got a headlight out, so I'll have to replace that as soon as I get home this weekend. Anyone have experience replacing the bulbs in the projector headlights?

Attached Thumbnails 01 2dr Blazer-8a4d8d0c-4457-4269-94ee-1ce6c8dc5f39_zpsikpla1fy.jpg  
Old 02-11-2015, 08:53 AM
chevyman0784 is on a distinguished road

Replacing the bulbs in a projecter is not any more difficult than stock bulbs. Just go with a higher quality bulb. And remember to use a nitril or latex glove when handling and installing. Some of the bulbs out there will blow if you get the oils from your fingers on them. Especially HID bulbs.

Old 02-11-2015, 02:28 PM

Alright thanks man. Do you have any preferred brands? I kinda want a whiter light but I've looked into them and I'd rather not spend $50+ every 6 months like some people have.

Old 02-11-2015, 04:43 PM
chevyman0784 is on a distinguished road

Theretrofitsource.com is the place to get your lighting needs, they carry high quality parts with warranties.

Old 02-14-2015, 10:31 AM

I got a job!! A new Dick's Sporting Goods is opening about 15 minutes from my school so I put in an application and got a job in their outdoor area. Needless to say, I'm pretty excited. This is my first job besides odd jobs and that kind of stuff. Given that, I can hopefully get some new wheels with less backspacing to keep the tires from rubbing at full turn and maybe a body lift before summer.

Old 02-21-2015, 01:43 PM
Old Skool Soldier is on a distinguished road

Ever end up replacing the bulbs in the Ebay projectors?

-OSS

Old 02-22-2015, 11:27 AM

Yeah, they were super easy to swap. All I did was take the headlights off the car, of course, then on the back side I unscrewed the adjuster screw for the left/right adjustment and made sure to count my turns so I could try to get it back to as close as possible when I was done. After I loosened that up I had enough room to pop off the rubber cover over the headlight assembly, it looks like a dome. And then you just pull off the positive connection on top of the bulb and there's a little clip that holds it in that you have to unhook so the bulb will come out. Then you put the new bulb in in the opposite order. I used some headlight grease on my bulb and the bulbs are H1. I ended up getting silvania silverstar headlights for $40 and they are definitely a whiter light which I like. Now I just have to see how long they last. The guy I talked to at the part store, who is an old family friend, said he's had the same pair of silverstar bulbs in for the past 7 years and hasn't had a problem out of them so I'm hoping these will last a while.

Last edited by lazyboyjake; 02-22-2015 at 11:29 AM.
Old 03-15-2015, 10:55 PM

I got a Cobra 19 CB radio just because it was compact and it gives me the ability to have a PA. I put in the CB a week or two ago. I pulled out the center ash tray/cigarette lighter and used the wires that went to the lighter as the power for the CB. I don't have an antenna yet, so I'm not sure on how well the CB actually works. Edit: Please excuse the mess. She has been cleaned since I took this picture.
Name:  38f5c6e9-b30a-47e9-87c6-86abd53d17fc_zpsam50zoi6.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  168.5 KB

Also, I was able to get home from school this weekend to put in the PA speaker. I put the PA kind of in my bumper facing towards the front license plate holder. It's hard to explain and I forgot to take pictures but it's tucked away and sounds pretty decent for being only $8 off Amazon. This is a clip of me testing it out.

Attached Thumbnails 01 2dr Blazer-38f5c6e9-b30a-47e9-87c6-86abd53d17fc_zpsam50zoi6.jpg  
Old 03-16-2015, 10:43 PM

I'm curious, since I have over 1400 views, who all is actively watching this thread? What are y'all's thoughts and comments on my baby?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 01 2dr Blazer