Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

05 Blue Blazer Build

Old 08-20-2021, 01:52 AM
reway is on a distinguished road
Default 05 Blue Blazer Build

Alright here it is, I got my blazer in September of 20’ as a winter beater and something I could take off-roading sometimes. Well over the past almost year the blazer has surprised me at what it can do off-road and it’s just so easy to work on so I have decided I am going to throw some upgrades on it and see where it takes me

I installed 3 aluminum skid plates a few weeks ago and some led pods a while back but other than that she is all stock. I am in the middle of installing the PA 2” lift as I write this and also have 2” or 3” adjustable lifted rear shackles waiting to go on after and have some 31’s with new rims as well. Oh and I had to get a nice and big roof basket too of course so that will be going on soon!

Checkout my Instagram for my vehicles as well! @mystice90

Old 08-20-2021, 06:44 AM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Looking good! Nice progress!

Old 08-20-2021, 10:25 AM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Looks great!

These are very capable little trucks. I've found that the small size can be quite the advantage at times!

What is the "PA 2" [suspension] lift"

And do you have the 3-button or 4-button transfer case?

Old 08-20-2021, 11:27 AM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Thats just the body lift

Old 08-20-2021, 11:54 PM

Thanks Don! Really had some troubles with the lift. First off that fuel filler extension hose they sent with the kit is about double the size of what my filler neck was and I couldn’t even use it. I ended up cutting up some old bike tire and that fits perfectly now. Secondly the oil filter bracket bolts came with no nuts!! So thankfully I have another car and could rip down for some nuts lol grabbed the last two at rona. Just finished bolting it all together I THINK just need to double check tomorrow morning then let it off the jack stands but I was out and had it running just now and seems all good to go there.

Old 08-20-2021, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by christine_208
Looks great!

These are very capable little trucks. I've found that the small size can be quite the advantage at times!

What is the "PA 2" [suspension] lift"

And do you have the 3-button or 4-button transfer case?
Thank you! Yes I love small size and short wheelbase for off-roading on tight trails. The PA lift I’m referring to is the Performance Accessories 2” body lift kit, I have the 3 button t case

Old 08-21-2021, 06:22 PM

Well… I took her out for a test drive this morning and all was good. Leave to go for work and it doesn’t want to start unless I press the gas pedal got it running and it was idling at like 400 rpm. Get out my scan tool and I have p0506 and p0300. Take out my fuel pressure gauge and I have 60 psi at the test port. Try to drive it and it stalls the second I let off the gas pedal only made it like 2 feet. I’m assuming it’s the iac valve so I’m looking at replacing that as it also had a rough idle before I put the lift on. It seems to run fine when it’s not at idle. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Old 08-21-2021, 09:23 PM
Hess13x is on a distinguished road

You have a good start on a build! These little trucks are very surprisingly capable off road with the right upgrades. Now your idle problems can be a few things. You have already checked fuel pressure. Did it hold after you shut the key off? Next things that come to mind are cap and rotor are the spider.

Old 08-21-2021, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by Hess13x
You have a good start on a build! These little trucks are very surprisingly capable off road with the right upgrades. Now your idle problems can be a few things. You have already checked fuel pressure. Did it hold after you shut the key off? Next things that come to mind are cap and rotor are the spider.
Thank you! Did not perform a leak down test. Had the spider replaced in January and I just did the cap and rotor July 15th. To top it all off I come home from work with a new iac valve and throttle body cleaner and I try and start it and it started up normal, proceeded to try starting it a few more times. Everything was fine, then I took it for a drive for approx 15 min and it drove fine. No codes. I am going to take the throttle body off tomorrow after work and clean it also replace the iac most likely. The intermittency is almost making me think it’s a wiring problem however I have checked the iac valve wires and they look to be in good shape.

Old 08-22-2021, 12:03 AM

Here are some pics of the 2” body lift installed! It’s just itching for those 31’s

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 05 Blue Blazer Build