Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

1993 S15 jimmy "build"

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 09:09 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

bumper blinkers and side markers/blinkers, and fixing the little bit of rust, then I am happy with it
Got the bumpers done, so just a tiny bit behind the wheels for rust
I should do the valve seals, but they are not that bad, so i will put that off.

Old 04-25-2012, 05:12 PM
Beginning Member
Matthew Hayes is on a distinguished road

Super bump, but where did you get the bumper strips? I can't seem to find them even on lmctruck.com

Old 04-25-2012, 09:10 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Matthew Hayes
Super bump, but where did you get the bumper strips? I can't seem to find them even on lmctruck.com
Then you aren't looking hard enough. Pull up one of their catalogs and look at the front bumpers on the first Gen trucks...its all there.

Old 04-26-2012, 06:51 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

The ones I have came with the truck, but you can get new ones on LMC

Old 05-15-2012, 04:41 PM
BF Veteran

Well, I had thought the digi dash went out, the only thing that was showing up was the speed and odo
Took out the cluster and by that time it was dark so i did not want to mess with the shift cable, so i put it back in, and thought, what the hell, i will turn on the key, and bam, it works again. Pretty kick *** LOL

Old 05-15-2012, 05:52 PM
BF Veteran

well, my happiness was cut short, dash it out again, looks like I am removing it and boxing it up and shipping it off to be rebuilt. knew this day was coming, was hopeful thinking to think it was just a lose connection LOL

Old 06-02-2012, 05:29 PM
BF Veteran

Well, noticed a gas smell in the oil, and the fuel milage was horrible, around 15mpg, took off the plenum and noticed the injectors leaking real bad on the passenger side, basically all of them, Good thing the previous owner had a receipt for the injectors which were just replaced in late 2010, so they were still under warranty, took it out, went to napa, got a replacement, and its up and running again
I am however still noticing an occasional puff of smoke when coming off a stop light, or if I had been idling in a parking lot for awhile and drive away. Its not all the time, I am guessing it might need a tuneup soon as well, any thoughts on this, Its hard to tell what color the smoke is since it is such a small amount, but it looks bluish, its not pure white and its not black, I know that for sure... oh well, at least no more gas in the oil (and yes, I changed the oil after doing the injectors to get the gassy oil out of there

Old 06-05-2012, 09:27 PM
Beginning Member

Pretty sure the MPG is normal. I get around 16.

Compare Side-by-Side

Old 06-05-2012, 10:00 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by Matthew Hayes
Pretty sure the MPG is normal. I get around 16.

Compare Side-by-Side
That is interesting, I am getting much better fuel economy now that I changed the injectors, I will do the math once I have to fill up again, but I am already at 70 miles and only 2 bars below a full tank.
I will keep you updated on this. but that seems a bit off on that math there. because that is what I was at when my injectors were leaking horribly.

Also, for the smoke, it has gone away when accelerating from stop lights, and when idling in a parking lot and then moving, the smoke on startup has also gotten a lot better.
Must have been burning off all the crap from the leaky injectors.

Last edited by richphotos; 06-05-2012 at 10:02 PM.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:51 PM
Beginning Member

I've noticed the bars aren't too accurate. For me it seems like when I'm at 3/4 of a tank I'm really at 1/2 because the first two bars take a long time to drop but the others drop faster. I'm at two bars under half a tank with 220 miles on said tank.

EDIT: When I'm at ~70 miles I'm only missing one bar MAYBE. Definitely not two. Weird. I'll take a picture and do some math next time.

Last edited by Matthew Hayes; 06-06-2012 at 07:55 PM.

Quick Reply: 1993 S15 jimmy "build"