Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

1994 4x4 4dr S10 Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2009 | 09:06 PM
Cavalier z24 is on a distinguished road

wow thats great well i cant wait to see pics bud you been putting a lot of time into you blazer its going to be one sweet ride

Old 06-27-2009 | 12:06 AM
|
Outsydr is an unknown quantity at this point

aaaaaaaaannd the beast lives! Finally got her out of the grage and motoring around town today, new bumpers still aren't ready yet but I could not wait any longer so it has stock bumpers with a crappy gap for now but meh it will do for the time being will get some pics in daylight tomorrow.
Couple small issues left to fix but nothing major (abs light on at 20mph and up and gas gauge disappearing up past the full mark when you turn the key on)

Old 06-27-2009 | 09:24 PM
|

here we go! Clicky the thumbnails for bigger pics (crappy samsung gravity cell phone since my son took off to kentucky with my camera GRRRR)

Old 06-29-2009 | 04:58 PM
|

gas gauge fixed (i think) took forever to track down the problem the connector right at the gas tank went bad wasnt getting anything past there (50 ohms on gas tank side and only 1 ohm on truck side) bypassed that and gauge dropped from overfull down to 5/8 so should be about right we'll see once i drive it a bit and see if it moves.

Old 06-30-2009 | 01:40 AM

damned sexy

Old 06-30-2010 | 10:24 AM

Any updates bud?

Old 12-13-2010 | 02:12 PM
AndrewPetersV is on a distinguished road

What size of tires do you currently have on there?

Old 12-13-2010 | 10:31 PM
|

Haven't been around much Cavalier working WAY too much and the blazer has been sitting beside the garage neglected for the last few months got a great deal on a 29mpg 4wd that I thought would be better for a work beater but awesome gas mileage aside it sucks too narrow and short of a wheelbase even in 4wd (with hubs locked) it is entirely too squirrely so the drag strip project has been pulled out of the garage and precious is back inside need to finish my front suspension rebuild, eliminate the pos vac 4x4 once and for all and give her a tune up then back on the road again she goes!
As for tires just factory size atm 235/75/15 been holding off on pulling the trigger on some 31s til I got the new leaf springs and shackles installed and the holidays to be over so I can have some spare cash for new rims and tires.

Almost forgot while the blazer is still in my name it is going to my currently 15 y.o. son for his first car he has been the one busting his butt helping me do all the work and learning as much as he can about this thing, he begged and begged so I told him fine you did the work and research you deserve a chance to earn it get nothing lower than a "B" on a report card from now until you graduate and it's all yours! so far he is holding up his end of the deal 4.0 GPA and even taking all A.P. courses so I know he isn't just coasting through he's working for it....exactly what I was hoping for!

Last edited by Outsydr; 12-13-2010 at 10:35 PM. Reason: adding info
Old 12-13-2010 | 11:21 PM
Phil is on a distinguished road

Awesome man. And great to hear that about your son, especially since he's not just taking the slacker courses. Always good to know that some kids are still willing to work for things.... sadly, this is coming from a 21 year old haha!

Old 12-18-2010 | 12:29 PM
|

IT LIVES! finally got a day off so had some time to spend on her got the LCA bushings done (energy suspension polyurethane bushings FTW!!) they reuse the factory outer sleeve so just a few minutes with a handy dandy propane torch to melt what was left of the old rubber and slide the new bushings in, new torsion bar isolators and lower ball joints done.
Heat fixed (hot/cold switch was fubar)
Finally got around to putting the jeep steering shaft in thats been sitting in the garage for about 4 months now.
4x4 vac issues are gone forever did my own variation of the homemade posi lok cut the factory cable and brazed the new locking cable to it wasn't sure it would work but after leaving one end in the vise and a 75 pound weight hanging off the other end overnight I'm confident it will hold up.
Full tuneup done, tranny filter/fluid changed, oil changed, both diffs drained and refilled (last time I drove it was at truck night in the mud bogs)
now to swap all my stereo equipment back over and reassemble the interior and she should be set for awhile.

FWIW killer MPG's aside geo trackers suck bought one for $150 it's great as long as it's not snowing or icy wheelbase is just to short and they are WAY too narrow takes less than nothing to make 'em start sliding around...no thanks I'll stick with my gas pig/snow tank of a blazer too bad already promised it to my son time to start looking for another! (1st gen of course)

Quick Reply: 1994 4x4 4dr S10 Blazer