Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

1994 full-size blazer full-convertible

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 09:55 PM
Beginning Member
admathi is on a distinguished road
Default 1994 full-size blazer full-convertible

So I hope this upload worked. Basically, I bought a 1994 Blazer 4wd w Red and Charcoal Gray paint. It had a brand new 350 tbi crate motor installed in 09; it's got about 17,000 miles on it now. I put an edelbrock performer manifold, tb spacer, CA intake, headers, ported the heads, and installed a hypertech piggy-back chip. The clearcoat was oxidizing and coming off badly on the hood and the roof, so I camo-wrapped it using 3M vinyl wrap from Camo4u.com. The previous owner was also a painter, so the carpet inside was stained with blue paint and looked terrible, so I pulled it out. Then I painted the bottom half, wheels, and brush guard with single-stage, gloss-black caliper paint. FYI, that paint is awesome. It has some ceramic in it and is super tough so it's like a cheap version of powder coating. Then I decided to chop the top off with a high-speed grinder and weld in a partial roll-cage for stuctural rigidity. I've already ordered Marathon seat covers, used dupont bed liner in the entire bed, and painted the diamond-plated aluminum sheets to match. I'm planning to cover all the holes in interior of the bed with black diamond plate as well as completing the bedrails with diamond plate. It's hard to see above, but I cut diamond plate around the fender wells in the bed, and then bent them over to form bedrails. This is a work in progress, and I realize some people won't like me chopping on a perfectly good vehicle, but whatever. I wanted a convertible, and couldn't find one in decent shape for a decent price, so I made one. My brother uploaded these pics to facebook before I orginally intended, so tell me what you think. I'm planning on either trying to get a soft top from softtopper.com or having a cusom convertible shop make a soft top for it. I'd also like to get a 3-4" Rough Country suspension lift, cowl hood, and maybe bushwhacker flares. There will definitely be more pics to come if you want to see them. Here is a hyperlink to the original blazer. Facebook. Also, if you do think it's pretty cool, you should google "Starowesky yukon". I would have never had the ***** to do this without seeing his pics.

Attached Thumbnails 1994 full-size blazer full-convertible-new-1.jpg   1994 full-size blazer full-convertible-new-2.jpg   1994 full-size blazer full-convertible-new.jpg  
Old 08-24-2011, 08:15 AM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

all i can say is awesome...it looks great.
i cant wait till you have it finished up.

great job...love the chop top look.

now if i could muster the guts to chop my top.....someday....maybe

Old 08-24-2011, 03:30 PM
Starting Member
nineTnine is on a distinguished road

Looks really good! Got any more pics?

Old 08-24-2011, 10:04 PM
Beginning Member

Here are pretty much all of my pics. I forgot to mention my center console mounting bolts were broken, so I replaced the console with a big ammo can. I don't know the caliber, but it's the biggest one I've seen at gun show. Also, the seat covers are RealTree Max Advantage 4 to match the rest of the camo. I think I might wrap the dash in camo too, but I'm not sure if that'd be too much. I'm hoping to finish the panel/bedrails this weekend and get the back seat back in. We'll see. I'll have more pics as I get closer. I was planning on waiting until it was done and putting them all up at once, but this will work too. I'm glad y'all don't think I'm a retard for chopping up a mostly good vehicle.

Attached Thumbnails 1994 full-size blazer full-convertible-ammo.jpg   1994 full-size blazer full-convertible-windows.jpg   1994 full-size blazer full-convertible-top.jpg   1994 full-size blazer full-convertible-side.jpg   1994 full-size blazer full-convertible-rear.jpg  

1994 full-size blazer full-convertible-panel2.jpg   1994 full-size blazer full-convertible-cage.jpg   1994 full-size blazer full-convertible-ammo-rear.jpg  
Old 08-25-2011, 11:17 PM
Starting Member
ryantrail is on a distinguished road

pretty good looking stuff there ol' buddy... the beast has come a long way.

Old 09-16-2011, 06:15 PM
litterbug will become famous soon enough

just out of curiosity, what did you use for the roll bar? i want to do something similar and a shop over here quoted me at 400 for all the pipe and to weld it up. i would much rather do it by myself if possible. and your setup is kind of how i want mine to look.

Old 09-17-2011, 07:43 AM
Beginning Member
IMPALADAKID is on a distinguished road

I like it

Old 09-17-2011, 09:47 AM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Damn. Not really something I'd have had the nuts to do... but holy crap does it look sweet!

Old 09-17-2011, 11:40 AM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough

Sweet ride man!!! i want a convertible so bad!! Really want to find a good k5 someday.

Old 09-20-2011, 05:05 PM
Beginning Member

Litterbug,
I got the cage off ebay. Here's the link of one like it from the same seller. Roll Bars and Cages, 8 Point, 73-87 CHEVY PICK-UP BLAZ | eBay

It's just the pre-notched tubes and the base plates. You weld it in yourself. 400 doesn't sound bad to me, but at the same time, I'd like to do as much of it myself as possible so 319 shipped to my house didn't seem bad to me.

Quick Reply: 1994 full-size blazer full-convertible