Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

1994 Jimini

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2021, 02:10 PM
Beginning Member
kevinlsimmons is on a distinguished road
Default 1994 Jimini

I'm new to the group and sharing some photo's of my Jimmy rebuild. I bought this truck new in 97 and it was my daily driver for about 15 years. It sat for awhile until I was finally in a spot to restore it. I uploaded some before/during/after pics. I call it the "Jimini" because I used a second truck for parts so it's 2 Jimmys. (Gemini, Jimini, get it?)

The white body was the original. It had too much rust to use and it was going to cost too much to fix it. So I bought a second truck and swapped the bodies. A new engine, new tranny, dual exhaust, and paint job finished it. I swapped the interior panels because I wanted to keep as much of the original as possible. It's been a lot of work and I'm almost completely done. I still need to finish the interior and add a modest stereo system. When it's finished I plan to use it as a small camper. I removed the back seat and plan on making it a flat deck in the back with a small box where the seat was to store t e amp, dc/dc charger, and deep cycle battery. Hope to have everything done in a few months. Can't wait t

Old 02-08-2021, 02:37 PM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

Thats amazing! I love how you kept some of your original in it. It looks so fresh! Did you paint the frame and underbody aswell?

Old 02-08-2021, 02:58 PM
Beginning Member
kevinlsimmons is on a distinguished road

The frame was painted when the body was swapped. IDK if the mechanic did the underbody. I should probably check that.

I really didn't want to change the body but it was just too much time and money to replace the body parts and have a welder do the floor pans. I would likely still have had to buy a second truck anyway. It saved me a bunch of time and money. So that's why I tried to keep all the original interior parts. The carpet was long since ruined so that had to be replaced.

Thank you for the kind words! I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. Not suuuuper happy with the flomaster's sound. It apparently doesn't have an exhaust leak but just kinda sounds like it does to me