Sights N Sounds Post Pictures, Videos, and Sound clips here. Examples: Member signature threads, photo shoots, videos (that do not fit in other sections), etc.

new pics of my '86 Blazer project

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 03:35 PM
Sunshine Coaster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default new pics of my '86 Blazer project

Bought this from the original owner with a blown engine for $200. It's only had 63k. miles on it and was originally from the southern States. Never seen snow or salt and it shows..not a spot of rust to be found. I've put a pro-built 2.8 in it plus all the usual..new clutch, exhaust, rims + tires, etc. The interior is mint and it drives like a new truck. Sure lucked out when i found this beauty. The only thing that it needs now is a little work on the rear end, got a bit of pinion slop which gives a clunk every now and then but still works fine, the 4 wheel drive works perfect.
[

Old 11-02-2007, 03:42 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: new pics of my '86 Blazer project

Clean, straight lookin' truck. You need to go play the lottery because you're exceedingly lucky to find a truck in that good of condition for that cheap!

Now go get it dirty!

Old 11-02-2007, 03:48 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Wow! Great looking truck!! Why mess around with the 2.8L if you were replacing the engine already? A common swap is a 3.4L v6. None-the-less, awesome looking truck! I'm envious!!

Old 11-02-2007, 03:51 PM

It had been sitting for a year and took a bit of elbow grease to get it looking that way, once i got the tree sap and bird crap off of it i was pleasantly surprised at how good of shape the paint was. The owner was a millionaire and it was his wife's daily driver, he had sold his house and was moving in 2 weeks so just wanted it gone. My son was doing some plumbing repairs at his house and just in passingasked him if he knew anyone thatcould "get rid ofthat thingfrom my yard'.Jason knew I was looking for a project and the rest is history. Did cost me a finders fee though...lol.

Old 11-02-2007, 05:41 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

What a grab on a nice rig!!! That is the cleanest square body s-10 blazer I have seen, besides full customs, but original what a beauty!! [sm=bling.gif]

Old 11-02-2007, 06:19 PM
Millertime21 is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow that thing looks clean. Nice find!

Old 11-03-2007, 02:34 AM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about

It looks like a gem! Awesome find.

"...he had sold his house ..." how much for his house?

Old 11-04-2007, 12:48 AM
blazin97 is on a distinguished road

looks good

Old 11-04-2007, 01:17 AM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

[sm=jawdrop.gif]

Old 11-07-2007, 10:42 AM

I don't know how much he sold his 2+ acre oceanfront house for but he did have way too much money...my son was there to plumb up a toilet in his boathouse...who puts a toilet in a boathouse? He had to install a whole pumping system to lift it up to his septic field. Alot cheaper I think to just pee in the ocean...lol

Quick Reply: new pics of my '86 Blazer project