Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

1994 S10 Blazer Tahoe LT - Revival

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2019, 07:14 AM
KnightBlazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by stevbre1
Oh wow! I'll have to check my blower motor box. I hope the new hard line fixed your ATF leak.
Thanks. . the new line seems to have cured my Trans leak, although I'm still not sure why the transfer case was empty. .

You should. . .Now I want to fully disassemble and clean it out since I know there is still more in there. Another bonus is that a lot of the musty smell is gone from the HVAC now

Old 08-06-2019, 11:39 AM

Another 2,000+ mi road trip in the bag. Had the blazer fully loaded and was pulling one of the jet skis for almost all of those miles.

Overall it did great yet again, although a little more power would be nice when going uphill fully loaded. The AC did crap out again. Went to head North after a few days in Tennessee and found out all my refrigerant had leaked out via the evaporator, so we had almost 5hrs on the interstate with no AC which sucked.

Made it to Ohio and I promptly called to order a new Evaporator. Installed that in my parents garage in less than 90 min. . . .was actually much easier than I expected, except for the fact 1/2 of my dad's tools are MIA. So had to buy a cheap mechanics kit that added another $70 to the repair. Ended up being about $230 total.

Here's the blower box after I removed the Evaporator. Gave me a chance to clean it out even more than I had before. I suspect my previous cleaning may have contributed to the old one developing a leak.

You can see how nasty the old Evap was. . . Unfortunately the new one was a little bent up, so I had to bend the outlet to make it fit. So far so good though, seem to be holding, and if not at least it's under warranty.

With the new Evap and wiping the inside of the box with Clorox I've completely eliminated the musty smells. Lol I was actually getting cold on the way home and it wasn't even maxed out.

I'm still suspicious of my Radiator as the water temps get a little warm after many hours on the interstate. I did get my 2 new 12" electric fans in the mail before I left but didn't have time to install them. . . .debating on whether or not to install them now, or wait and order a new Rad as well.

Lastly, I haven't added up all the receipts yet but my fuel mileage was approx 16.5-18 mpg. Most of the trip I kept it around 75, with the worst mileage being the uphill legs.

Old 08-06-2019, 12:25 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enoughchristine_208 will become famous soon enough

I was fortunate that my evaporator was apparently in good shape as I had feared having to replace it. But it doesn't look like such a bad repair if ever needed. Thanks for sharing!

Old 08-06-2019, 12:35 PM

You're welcome. . . I always hope some of this helps someone.

Evap is definitely an easy job if you ever have to do it. Only took a 10mm wrench, and 10mm socket with 3 in extension to get the blower box apart to get at it.

It's almost worth replacing it just to remove the odors and to restore full air flow through the vents.

Old 10-10-2019, 10:19 AM

So I finally started doing some video of the Blazer. Here's a walk around video I did the other day going through the highlights of what I've done so far. Nothing that I haven't posted on here already, but thought I'd share the video.

I've also got a few videos up on the channel for some of my other project vehicles if anyone is interested.

Moving forward I'm going to shoot video as I do more work. Going to go get the steering wheel puller, and work on installing that new Grant Wheel this afternoon.

Next up after the wheel I'm going to install the electric fans, and do a before/after comparison to see if I can show an improvement in MPG.

Old 10-12-2019, 02:37 PM

Got my steering wheel swapped out. . .which by itself was a nice improvement for the interior. Then decided to try power washing my DISGUSTING seat belts since nothing else seemed to really clean them very well. I got the idea from SaabKyle04's Jimmy restoration videos. Holy Crap!!. . . What a difference. If it weren't for slight signs of wear they would look like brand new.

Now the cracked dash, and the dirty old headliner are glaring at me. . .

I also made a video of it.

Old 10-13-2019, 01:16 PM
stevbre1 is on a distinguished road

Subscribed! I just watched both of the videos.

Old 10-14-2019, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by stevbre1
Subscribed! I just watched both of the videos.
Thanks, Much appreciated. Trying to make them interesting.

Old 10-16-2019, 06:39 AM
error_401 is on a distinguished road

Nice work.

From the first video I noticed the tire thread. Are these tires not marked with a rotation direction pointer?
Seems odd to me that a tire with a chevron thread wouldn't be.

Old 10-16-2019, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by error_401
Nice work.

From the first video I noticed the tire thread. Are these tires not marked with a rotation direction pointer?
Seems odd to me that a tire with a chevron thread wouldn't be.
No, they're not. There were on the blazer when I got it. I thought it was strange too, but they do have an asymmetrical pattern. . . or well it's the same but opposite direction inside vs outside. Just leaving them on there until I replace with some 30s or 31s, since they still have some life left.

Quick Reply: 1994 S10 Blazer Tahoe LT - Revival