Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

1994 S10 Blazer Tahoe LT - Revival

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2018, 05:41 PM
Starting Member
Snap-Off is on a distinguished road

I don't know, maybe they had the trans rebuild done by a bike shop??? Because that looks an awful lot like a friction plate from an '85 KX125 that I used to race...

Just messin...I really have no idea what that thing is...

But it's great to follow your build...Yer rockin it...

Old 02-12-2018, 05:59 PM
KnightBlazer is on a distinguished road

Lol That might explain something. . It's the weirdest thing. It fits and looks like the wave plate with tabs sheared off, but doesn't look like anything broke off. I measured it at .050 thickness. . the wave plate is suppose to be like .080. . .so that explains some of the slack.

What now baffles me is how it ran well like this for 20k+ miles. . and how the old forward frictions didn't look bad.

I ordered a new wave plate, and "C" forward clutch apply plate, which is thicker than the "B" that's in there now. Should have by end of the week, and it should be ready to go back together.

Oh and thank you for following, and the kind words

Old 02-17-2018, 05:27 AM
error_401 is on a distinguished road

spacer to take up slack instead of replacing the clutches?

Old 02-17-2018, 05:28 AM
error_401 is on a distinguished road

Don't remember if i have asked you about the trans manuals. I think you said you have them. Else, let me know the links should still work.

Old 02-19-2018, 08:11 PM
stevbre1 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by KnightBlazer
Lol That might explain something. . It's the weirdest thing. It fits and looks like the wave plate with tabs sheared off, but doesn't look like anything broke off. I measured it at .050 thickness. . the wave plate is suppose to be like .080. . .so that explains some of the slack.

What now baffles me is how it ran well like this for 20k+ miles. . and how the old forward frictions didn't look bad.

I ordered a new wave plate, and "C" forward clutch apply plate, which is thicker than the "B" that's in there now. Should have by end of the week, and it should be ready to go back together.

Oh and thank you for following, and the kind words
It's so good to see it under way again. I'm hoping that it works well when you get it all put back together.

Old 02-20-2018, 09:01 PM

Thanks Guys. and @error_401 Yes I have the manuals. You actually gave me one of them earlier on that has been a big help. And also have the ATSG Blue book.

Made a little more progress. Family is in town for 2 weeks, so kind of forced me to at least get the trans back together. I tend to lay things out in an organized chaos fashion. . .I know where things go but would have been disastrous had anyone else moved things.

I took out the mystery steel, and installed the correct wave plate. Also, @error I don't think it was in there to take up slack, as it was about half the thickness of the actual wave plate.

With the new wave plate, the thicker forward clutch pressure plate wasn't necessary. In fact clearance was too tight with it, so I reused the old one.

It also changed the clearance for the 3-4 pack as well, and I ended up removing the one old steel I had used as a spacer before.

Final check of the clearances looked good, so put it all back together with new pump gasket and bolts.

I was pretty focused on Saturday doing it so didn't take many pics again, nothing that you haven't seen before but here are two more I took of it all back together again.

Pump reinstalled:

Strapped to the jack ready to go back to it's home:

Almost forgot, I also got the driver side upper control arm reinstalled with the bushing washers, new ball joint, and new shock.

Using the family to help rebuild my fence so the dogs can't escape, so between that and some other house projects not sure I'll be able to get much done on the blazer for the next 2 weeks, but more progress is coming soon. .

Old 04-05-2018, 12:35 PM

Took me a few weeks to recover after family left. . .and also just changed companies so had a couple weeks of getting my business all transferred over. . . but finally made it back out into the garage yesterday.

Got the transmission back in, and bolted to the engine. Hoping to get back out in the garage and work more later on today. Just need to get the transfer case and cross member back in, and then hook up all the connections. . . Really hoping it works this time!!

Old 04-05-2018, 03:00 PM
stevbre1 is on a distinguished road

Fingers crossed for you. I’ve been hoping all winter that you’ll be able to drive it soon. It’s such an awesome Blazer.

Old 04-06-2018, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by stevbre1
Fingers crossed for you. I’ve been hoping all winter that you’ll be able to drive it soon. It’s such an awesome Blazer.
Thank You. Should find out tomorrow!! Got the transfer case back in and pretty much everything hooked up last night.

Just need to put the cross member back in, and bolt the y pipe back to the manifolds. Had to get all new exhaust bolts and of course they weren't in stock so will be picking those up in the morning.

Old 04-08-2018, 11:17 AM

I probably shouldn't celebrate yet. . .but HOLY ****!! It works!! I've only done about a 3.5 mile loop around my neighborhood, but shifting 1-2-3-4 + TC lockup.

Will be using it to run some errands here shortly to continue testing, but looking good.

I did run into more problems yesterday while trying to install new poly sway bar bushings. . .of course easy stuff still gives me grief. I couldn't get the 2nd bolt into the two main sway bar brackets. Seems like I bent them somehow as the bolt holes don't line up right now.

So I still have some fiddling to do with that to get it right, but overall with the Sway Bar Bushings, Upper Control arm bushings, and the new front shocks the ride is much better.

Steering is still pretty wayward, definitely need an alignment but thinking I might wait until I've done tie rods and such before taking it in.

I'm also happy to report my new manifold to y-pipe gaskets + bolts seems to have helped with some of my exhaust leaks.

Here is a pic of it out in the driveway after the test drive. Nice to have it out in the sunshine again.

Quick Reply: 1994 S10 Blazer Tahoe LT - Revival