Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

1994 S10 Blazer Tahoe LT - Revival

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2019, 08:22 AM
KnightBlazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by stevbre1
Wow! The peroxide made a huge difference! I'm watching the video right now. I think I need to rebuild my console lid also.
It really did. . .it is my new favorite cleaning solution. You should, it really wasn't too bad. One note though. to do it all over again I would have used at least some of the Steel Reinforced epoxy. It takes a lot longer to set, but it's also suppose to be like 2x stronger.

Last edited by KnightBlazer; 11-03-2019 at 08:29 AM.
Old 11-03-2019, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by error_401
Nice job. My console lid has a flat spot wher I always rest my elbow. Call it custom made...
Thanks. lol well that doesn't sound too bad. . .as long as the plastic structure is still good.

Old 11-05-2019, 12:47 PM

Diagnosing for the win. . . Of course right after I commented on another thread about blower motor issues the other day, mine decided to stop working. Was about to go shell out $60 for a new blower motor and/or relay, but decided I should try to narrow it down first. Turns out it I forgot to put the blower motor ground back on last time I had it out. . .. I guess it was just resting on the housing enough to work, then I must have knocked it loose the other day. . . 15 min and $0 later it works again.

Old 11-05-2019, 01:19 PM
error_401 is on a distinguished road

Well that's a nice change for once.

A quick and "free" fix.

Old 12-02-2019, 08:40 AM

So I finally found two more items I've been looking for since I got the blazer. Found a local guy selling the swing out spare tire carrier. . he also has a set of rear doors with the trim pieces I'm missing. Going to go pick up later on today.

Will prob be a little while yet before I install the tire carrier. My plan with the door trim piece is to take them both off then try to make a mold for each side so I can try to create new ones. Since it's not reproduced, and seems to be a pretty hard part to find I figured some of you guys my be looking for them too. We'll see how it goes.

Old 12-02-2019, 03:28 PM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

That will be interesting to see the outcome of your molds. I'll be keeping an eye out for them, I have a second gen but been thinking of how to make mold for certain pieces myself.

Old 12-02-2019, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by DonL
That will be interesting to see the outcome of your molds. I'll be keeping an eye out for them, I have a second gen but been thinking of how to make mold for certain pieces myself.
Yea. . .especially because I have no idea what I'm doing lol. I got all the parts home, but I haven't tried to take the trim piece off yet since I want to do so as carefully as possible. I guess I'll have to start doing some research to figure out the best method/material to use. These could probably be reproduced easily with a 3D printer but I don't have one of those.

The tire carrier is going to need sanded and painted as it's got a bit of surface rust. I'm also planning to fabricate some kind of Nut Plate for the inside of the rear quarter to reinforce. He didn't have the OE Plate, said he had installed the carrier on his blazer without it. . and didn't have a problem. Since I plan to get larger tires I'm going to reinforce it. . . .Really dreading the part where I have to drill into body panels.

Old 12-03-2019, 08:01 PM
stevbre1 is on a distinguished road

Does the reinforcing plate come off easily, or is it welded on? If it isn't welded, I can try to find one for you at one of the junkyards around here next time I'm there. There are always several Blazers in the yards here.
I need to sand and paint my spare tire carrier also...but I've also been thinking of getting rid of it altogether.

Old 12-04-2019, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by stevbre1
Does the reinforcing plate come off easily, or is it welded on? If it isn't welded, I can try to find one for you at one of the junkyards around here next time I'm there. There are always several Blazers in the yards here.
I need to sand and paint my spare tire carrier also...but I've also been thinking of getting rid of it altogether.
I'm not really sure. . I've never seen the OE setup. From what I've read it sounded like they are welded on. Guy I bought it from had pulled it from a junkyard and said he had it installed on his blazer without any kind of inner reinforcement.

You should keep it IMHO. I can see it's going to make getting in the back more of a pain, but the tire sure does take up a lot of room in the cargo area. I've had to take it out of the back more than once to fit stuff in the back. The swing out carrier makes the blazer much more rugged looking to me too.

Last edited by KnightBlazer; 12-04-2019 at 03:15 PM.
Old 12-31-2019, 02:48 PM

Just got another big batch of parts for the Blazer! New Clear Corner & Bumper Lenses. Polished Bull Bar. Dash Cap. Also All New Rubbers, Inner/Outer Window Sweeps, & Window Channels for the front doors!

Of course I'll be working on a video again of installing everything, but so far I got the new lights installed, and just laid the Dash Cap out to see what it looks like. Here are a couple of not-so-great pictures for now.

I'm torn on the Dash. . . Not sure if I want to leave it black, or whether I want to get vinyl dye and try to match it to the rest of the grey interior. Either way it's going to be a huge improvement to the interior. . . especially since the dashboard has been glaring at me. At $160 it wasn't cheap, but I really didn't want to go with the carpet dash cover.

Can't believe it but I'm getting closer to the end of my cosmetic improvements and restoration!!

Quick Reply: 1994 S10 Blazer Tahoe LT - Revival