Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

1994 S10 Blazer Tahoe LT - Revival

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2019, 04:03 PM
Starting Member
bravo99 is on a distinguished road

that Dash cap looks sick! Leave it black I like the offset. my roommate and I both had 1st Gen S10 back in the day I just said to him before I read the rest of your comment he didn't go with the gaudy carpet either LOL. I wish there was a less busy look to the newer style LED headlights but I like it! makes me miss my 4 by 4 4.3 TBI. 😪

Old 12-31-2019, 04:26 PM
KnightBlazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by bravo99
that Dash cap looks sick! Leave it black I like the offset. my roommate and I both had 1st Gen S10 back in the day I just said to him before I read the rest of your comment he didn't go with the gaudy carpet either LOL. I wish there was a less busy look to the newer style LED headlights but I like it! makes me miss my 4 by 4 4.3 TBI. 😪
Thanks! I'm leaning toward color match, but we'll see. . .The two tone dash looked good in the later Trailblazers and Envoy's, but that was more Charcoal & Grey. Personally I don't love the offset, but it's totally worth it to not have a cracked dash. . . It should be less apparent once it's glued down too.

There are a few other LED designs I've seen now for the headlights. I felt the same way at first but these have really grown on me now that they've been in there for a while.

Old 01-05-2020, 12:40 PM

Been working on my Window Channels & Weatherstripping.

Passenger Side Window Channel Removed

New Channel, and Outer Betline (Window Seep) Installed

I just need to do the inner Window Sweep to complete the pass side, but I think I need to go get a new drill bit for that. Of course all of my smaller bits are broken.

Unfortunately, the 2nd New Window Channel has a split in the top corner, so I'm checking with the manufacturer to see about getting a replacement sent. Hopefully they'll send me a new one, as I'd rather not install a defective new part.

Other than this one damaged piece, the new rubbers seem to be pretty good quality. The pictures don't do it justice at all. . . Really improves the exterior. Lol of course now I've gotten dirty fingerprints everywhere, so I'll really be looking forward to seeing it all after a thorough detailing.

I did also take some Decibel readings while driving the Blazer with the old weatherstripping. . . Going to do it again after it's all finished to see if there's any noticeable decrease in noise. I'll post those results once I have them.

Old 01-07-2020, 12:36 PM

Big Shout out & Thank You to Kenny @ Precision Replacement Products . Both for making these products for our vehicles, and for the STELLAR customer service!!!!

I got a quick response from them, even over the weekend. Just got another message that they've just shipped me a new Window Channel to replace the one that was damaged in my kit.

Really appreciate their 10 year warranty, and the fact that it wasn't a battle to get the warranty claim through. Not a sponsor, but just wanted to make a point to give them a positive review since great customer service seems to be so rare these days!

Old 01-19-2020, 12:48 PM

So I finished everything on all the front door seals and rubber. . .The rubber drip channel is the only thing I haven't replaced on the front doors now. I don't think they really need to be replaced.

Here's a side by side with the old window sweep. . .This was the worst of the two sides.

I'm happy to report it's a huge improvement. I've done two longer drives on the interstate since completing and it's much quieter than it was before. The windows, while ever so slightly slower operate super smoothly now and no more rattles & noises. Overall it feels like a much newer vehicle.

Lol, of course now I can really notice the air noise coming from the back doors at speed, so going to have to get a set of door seals for those soon. Maybe the rear hatch too.

Other problems that have arisen are somehow my subwoofer trigger wire got broken or shorted out, so I had to half-*** run a temporary one until i pull everything back again to run a new wire under the carpet. The driver side front suspension has also started to squeak pretty badly in the last 2 days, so not sure what's going on there yet. . . hopefully just needs some grease. I have noticed the CV boot I replaced is torn again with grease everywhere, so that may be the culprit.

After a wash the other day it's been looking pretty good. I liked the new clear lens to start, but they have grown on me even more after seeing it all cleaned up out in the sun.

Last edited by KnightBlazer; 01-19-2020 at 12:50 PM.
Old 01-23-2020, 06:19 AM
error_401 is on a distinguished road

Looking good.

I have all the window rubbers in a box sitting and waiting for me to swap them as well. Will likely be in spring.

Old 01-28-2020, 07:41 AM

Thank You. You'll definitely enjoy it once you get them installed. . . . Now if I could just get an engine like yours lol.

On a quick side note, I finally replaced my rear shocks with some cheapies from rock auto. Still had the same shocks on the rear that were on when I bought it. Definitely made a little improvement in the ride and handling.

Old 01-30-2020, 10:18 AM
Starting Member
Jonesalex03 is on a distinguished road

Wow what a nice project ! Will defenitely stay on touch for more update

Old 02-21-2020, 02:28 PM

@Jonesalex03 Thank You!

Nothing new done to the Blazer lately. . Just driving it, but I did finally finish the video I shot on the lights and door rubbers. Here it is for anyone that might be interested:

Old 04-07-2020, 12:40 PM

Best MPG Evah!!! Finally took all my fuel receipts out of the Blazer and input them all into the Fuelio app.

The last couple tanks had been mostly Hwy miles so it has been at the higher side of my normal MPG. Somehow I didn't notice it on my last fill up but I got 21.04 MPG on the last tank. I always write down both the Odo and Trip mileage on my receipts, so I did double check that the app was correct.

This is the first I've had this much data compiled on it, but I know for most individual fill ups I have calculated 14-17 mpg. Most of the longer road trips I've done I have seen 16-18, depending on whether or not I was pulling a single jet ski. There are a few missing receipts so the overall average is going to be a little over stated, but I don't think it's too far off.

I wasn't really trying to hypermile, and I haven't done any more work to the blazer, so not sure where the 20% jump in MPG came from. It has gotten me thinking about how much more I might be able to get, so I'm planning to go through a few things to see what else I can pick up.

I've also been re-watching a bunch of Engine Masters episodes lately so I want to try a couple of their tricks.

1. It's still running quite well, but to start I'm Just going to do a general tune-up/inspection. Check Vacuum, Timing, & Fuel Pressure. Clean MAP sensor, PCV. I've been reading about the IMTV Intake Manifold Tuning Valve, so going to pop that out to inspect it, and take a peek at the FI Spider while it's out. Also thinking of removing the throttle body to clean, and see if there's anything that can be ground down to smooth out airflow.

2. I've been running 10w-30 since it's HOT in FL, but going to switch back to the recommended 5w-30, since I don't have any problems with leaky valve seals, or blow by. I'll also throw on my new set of plug wires that I never did install.

3. As far as the stuff from Engine Masters:
I'm going to remove the Thermostat and try running without it. . . Less Restriction, and Cooler = More power. I know. . . I know as far as MPG & emissions go a lot of people say to stick with the 195f t-stat. I've had a 180 in for 2 years and it still seems to run close to 200 water temp, even with a couple of 1/8" holes for constant flow. . Probably because my rad sucks. Again Florida heat, so I'm not too worried about overcooling. Worst case is I re-install my 180 t-stat.

The other thing, and I'm sure the biggest impact will be removing the mechanical fan, and installing 2x electric fans. Had them sitting around since last summer so I should really get to it.

4. Last thing I want to try is adding a belly pan to the front. I've got an old aluminum sign and some sheet metal screws sitting around, so another freebie. I saw some people get 10-15% mpg improvement on 90's Camrys with a belly pan back in the day, so there should be some gains to be had with these bricks lol.

No great expectations with any of this stuff, but maybe I can get it into the 22-23 range on the Hwy. . . or at least get my overall average closer to 20 mpg. Would also really love just a bit more pick up in the Mid-Range and at Hwy Speeds, so we'll see if I can get any noticeable improvements.

Quick Reply: 1994 S10 Blazer Tahoe LT - Revival