Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

1994 v8 4x4 s10 blazer tahoe

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 08:35 PM
atvwarrior will become famous soon enough

Thanks guys I appreciate it , it was 29 degrees when I took the video , and the truck is real cold blooded . I think it has a lot to do with the carb , it does sound good though . I'll get another video with the engine warmed up its quite a bit more responsive . Tomorrow I'm going to give it a oil change , and flush the coolant , and today I received word my tax return will be here Friday . I can't wait . I'm not so sure about waiting the 4 to 6 weeks for the ORD kit to arrive so I may just go ahead and make my own SAS kit . At this point I have everything but time , I just got word that I'll be going back to work in two weeks . The rush is on .

Today I am finally going to purchase my axles I'm still not sure wich ones I'll get ,its either goin to be the jeep wagoneer or the yj axles . I'll make up my mind once I get there ,

I desided on the yj axles I bought both front and back for 600 dollars , I can't wait , and I'll post some pictures later on . Right now I'm working on cleaning them up and making a parts list for all the new goodies I'm putting onto them .

Last edited by atvwarrior; 02-23-2012 at 12:19 PM.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:51 PM

Heres a couple pictures of the jeep that I bought the parts off .

And here they are in my shop waiting for me to rebuild them .

And thats it for now I'll get some more as I proceed .
I found out that 4wdfactory has the sky manufacturing solid axle kit that ships same day , so I will be ordering that kit and I will make my own shock hoops . I can get everything I need for 245 shipped , plus I also spung for the Dana 30 spring perches . I should have these by next Wednesday . I removed the diff cover and counted the teeth on the ring gear there are 41 and there are 10 on the pinion gear , so if My math is correct I have 4.10 gear ratio . My bunch of my friends came over tonight and gave me a few good ideas , I'm going to keep the stock rear leaf springs in order to keep it from riding like a lumber wagon . And the leaf springs that were on the jeep front end I'll also use , My friend says that will put me up 6 inches , thats perfect , I don't want to go to big so it won't fit down the trails .

Last edited by atvwarrior; 02-23-2012 at 06:09 PM. Reason: combining posts
Old 02-23-2012, 06:00 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

sweet did ya get them from garys ?

that payloader looks familiar

Old 02-23-2012, 06:48 PM

Na I got them from lances junk yard in Maine NY . there just over the hill from me (about 10 minutes away . The guys that operate this place are good guys , I used to work there when I was younger . He's suposed to have my 90 - 94 cherokee steering shaft and the astovan steering box in the morning . It' so cool that I found away around the long wait time on the solid axle kit . All I can say is its going to be like christmas around here for a little while , I have so many parts ordered it's hard to keep track of them all . I'm like a fat kid in a candy store except I'm a skinny f----r in a auto parts store .

Old 02-23-2012, 08:01 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

=P i plan on doing the steering shaft swap also

I need to pick one up when i head to garys

Old 02-24-2012, 06:42 AM

I found some wheel adapters for the Dana 30 5x4.5 to 5x4.75 for 129.97 so I can still run the wheels I have now .
And this is the nitrous kit I'll be ordering today
KMJ Performance*::*NITROUS AND ACCESSORIES*::*Carburated Nitrous Systems*::*NITROUS SPRAY-PLATE KIT RACE SYSTEM HOLLEY 4150 SQUARE
and heres the front axle hanger kit from sky manufacturing
https://www.4wdfactory.com/store/pro...xle-Hanger-Kit

I have purchased all the above parts and the wheel adapters and I also received a shipment , My new digital gauges for the pillar pod . And theres a coupon code in there for any of you looking into gauges .

So funny , my 8 year old daughter just returned home from school , and I showed her the nitrous kit that purchased today and she stuck her had up in the air for a high five and said good job dad . My 12 almost 13 year old likes the skulls and the digital gauges , and my wife well she's not to impressed with any of it .

Last edited by atvwarrior; 02-24-2012 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Adding my daughters reaction .
Old 02-25-2012, 08:51 PM

It is ok to do consecutive posts on a build thread right ? I have a few pictures of my friends truck that I have been talking about and a few pictures of my blazer with the new digital gauges .
This is the mud truck

And heres the 15,000 dollar and still improving truck .

And heres the new bumper we went and got this morning , its off a brand new tractor trailer , our friend who bought a new rig bought a custom bumper so this one was just laying around brand new , he sold it for 250 bucks .

My new digital gauges in the blazer

And how about these tires for the blazer there 54s brand new from military outlet , he paid let for these tires than I'm going to have to pay for my 35 SW thornbirds , and there going on a huge ford excursion thats a 10 nitrous injected , with five ton axles .

I'll get some more pictures we have a sweet truck coming to get new tires and hem joints . And I'll get a picture of the ford excursion and the new rear disk brake set up my friend made for the five ton axles .

And now back to my truck , My friends mom just replaced the rear end in her jeep and they decided to keep the core and they gave me the disk rear brake set up so I can switch my rear axle over to disk brakes . I drove the truck on the road for the first time today , I'm more in love with this blazer than ever . It drove great , the digital gauges look totally awesome , it shifted so good . Alright I have had probably more than one to many but I had to post this tonight.

Last edited by atvwarrior; 02-25-2012 at 08:55 PM.
Old 02-25-2012, 08:55 PM
BF Guru

Glad to see shes running good

those are sweet trucks and also the tires a HUGE

Old 02-26-2012, 03:52 PM

We are going to be mounting those tire this week I'll get some pictures , I have a few more pictures I just uploaded .
This is the battery disconnect I bought today at harbor freight

And heres my sisters car and her blazer with mine , its a 53 Chevy 4x4 .

And my sisters blazer meets mine for the first time .

And heres a picture of the wheels my friend is making for the 2.5 ton Rockwell axles .

I'm hoping this week will be a relatively productive , I have so much I want to get done . I bought 5 rolls of wire for the welder and about 60 different 4 and a half grinding , cut off and sanding disks , And a bunch of other stuff .

Last edited by atvwarrior; 02-26-2012 at 03:55 PM. Reason: checking spelling
Old 02-28-2012, 09:13 AM

I worked in the shop from 9am to 12am , But my exhaust is done , flowmaster exhaust and it comes out just before the front tires on both sides . Its sounds quite but good its got great throttle response , it sounds just like a 5.0 mustang real throaty sounding . We are working on the big truck that I have been talking about , I'll load some pictures . It has rear steer , air bags , suicide front doors and its huge , we had to let all the air out of the bags and flatten the tires to get it in the shop and the shop is built for big mud trucks . I also bought the 4 barrel intake for my blazer yesterday , Its polished and it has the nitrous bosses already in it .

Last edited by atvwarrior; 02-28-2012 at 09:21 AM.

Quick Reply: 1994 v8 4x4 s10 blazer tahoe