Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

1994 v8 4x4 s10 blazer tahoe

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 06:11 PM
atvwarrior will become famous soon enough
Default 1994 v8 4x4 s10 blazer tahoe

Well here goes my blazer build , it's definatly going to be different . Let me start off by saying I'm not a ford guy . I am putting a engine out of a 82 ford f150 302 , and the transmission and the transfer case . Things have been going great the transmission is in ,and its only about 3/4 of a inch longer than the 4l60e . I was able to use the transmission mount from the 4l60e also . Tomorrow I'm putting in the transfer case and I'll get some pics . The motor mounts needed very little fabrication (only about 3/4 off) . The oil pan , that will be made by my friend and take some time . Its alreay formed it just needs to be welded up , we used the rear of the 4.3 oil pan and attatched it to the 302 oil pan . There will most likely be some clearance issues with the heads and or headers on the steering side , but I'll solve that issue when I get there . I have put alot of thought into this and I really don't see why it shouldn't work . I hate ford ignition modules so I bought a hei distributor , one wire hook up .

Old 11-28-2011, 08:41 PM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

Um ok

Old 11-29-2011, 08:45 AM
Beginning Member
coop22 is on a distinguished road

Pic's!!!???

Old 11-29-2011, 07:51 PM

Yes I have a bunch of pics But there on my phone so I have to have my wife show me how to get them here . The engine is totaly tore apart right now , and we fit it in the blazer today and mated it with the transmission . Finally got the oil pan where we needed it and welded that up . Painted the block and heads blue and yellow with opposite colors on the bolt heads , and it looks sweet . Tomorrow I plan on getting the crank bearings and crank in and the pistons and rings . This was going to be a strickly off road vehicle but the way things are going I should be still road legal . I have searched the internet and a few other people talked about doing this but thats as far as it got , I am a professional mechanic and all my friends are into metal fabriction or a mechanic to . So between my friends and I this will work , and be one of the sickest blazers around my area .

Old 11-30-2011, 10:51 AM

Total engine rebuild kit including see through HEI distributor and high torque mini starter and high flow oil pump .
The toughest part of the project so far , the oil pan . but I was able to keep the windage tray in there and get the oil pick up down far enough so the oil shouldn't vortex .
One of the heads painted with plugs installed .
Block and head mated with head bolts just for picture .

And heres what all thats going into , Picture was taken after winning first place at the Broome Tioga Mud bogs . I was the smallest vehicle there running 235/75/15s and everyone else had 35s or bigger , it was so fun .

Old 11-30-2011, 11:08 AM
Starting Member
91chevywt is an unknown quantity at this point

Cool idea, do you have access to a whole truck? Swapping a 8.8 rear and TTB Dana 44 would cool too

Old 11-30-2011, 02:40 PM

Yes I do have the whole truck , it's a 82 f150 4x4 , used to be are plow truck . It ran awesome plowed snow like a tank and has a very tight shifting transmission . The truck does have a 9 inch rear end in it , but the front has the twin i beam suspension , so I am looking for a ford solid front . I wish I had the front end now and then the oil pan would not have needed to be made . I new at the beginning that I would be doing a solid axe and thats kinda what led me putting this ford engine in . At first I was going to go with 1 ton chevy axles , but the drive shaft was on the passeger side , and it had 16 inch rims . I just bought new 15" 33s so I didn't want 16 in rims , I no they make wheels that are 8 lug 15 inch but I guess I just didn't want to . And when I was checking out the ford I noticed how simaliar the to were so I measured and remeasured and there was less than 3 inches diffence between the two . And I owned most of the parts needed to make this happen , so I was able to spend a little extra to make it pretty cool . The engine is getting put back together right now and its bored 0.040 crank bearings are 0.020 and rod bearings are 0.030 . This is a winter project so I do still have plenty of time to get the front axle and stuff though .

Old 11-30-2011, 05:48 PM
Mike98Blazer will become famous soon enough

Why not go with dana 30's from a jeep wrangler? Driver side drop and minimal width problems.

Old 11-30-2011, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by Mike98Blazer
Why not go with dana 30's from a jeep wrangler? Driver side drop and minimal width problems.
Well I could go that way , and I'm not saying that I haven't thought about it , or that I'm not going to do it . But the rear thats in the ford is in great shape so I would like to match it with a solid front and keep the same bolt pattern and width . Not that I mind width I actully prefer it .

Old 12-01-2011, 12:14 AM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

Are you a U of M fan? blue and yellow engine?

Quick Reply: 1994 v8 4x4 s10 blazer tahoe