Builds Whether you are building something new or rebuilding something old, post up your build threads here. Open to all projects!

1994 v8 4x4 s10 blazer tahoe

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 11:10 AM
atvwarrior will become famous soon enough

I installed the new intake and changed the oil again for the second time this week , wow its amazing what a good carburetor does for a engine . The torque from the engine with the solid engine mounts really makes the truck sway with the engine rev . And it looks supper cool , the only thing bad is that I broke the damd thermostat housing ( rookie mistake ) that I seem to do alot , I would rather change a transmission than do a thermostat , I just hate them . But anyway after searching several local stores for a new thermostat housing in stock , i found one in Ithaca NY . My wife is going to pick that and a few other things for me , while I change her tie rod ends on her Taurus and intake gasket , so I better get to it before she gets home and strangles me .

Old 03-04-2012, 11:23 AM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

lol you better get outside gene =P

im installing my h4 harness and my hands froze up
so i came in for a few mins =P

Old 03-04-2012, 11:44 AM

Heck yea its cold , she just called from auto zone and they said they didn't have it , I talked to the guy at auto zone for 30 minutes telling him he did have the part somewhere because I called and had someone there look before I even sent my wife there ( this has happened before ) but finally after 30 minutes he found the part right on the shelf where it was supposed to be . I'm not knocking the guys at auto zone because I know there computers screw them up , but at least I got my part .

Old 03-06-2012, 01:05 PM

I have a few more pictures , the blazer runs and drives down the road great right now . I am still waiting on the kit from 4wdfactory for the solid axle conversion . I Now have the new intake and carburetor on and tuned , wow it's awesome .
Heres my choke cable and vacuum hose for the vacuum advance on the distributor

And heres a few pics of the engine

And here the digital gauges in the gauge pod working

Old 03-06-2012, 02:05 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

I had no idea you put a v8 in your blazer sounds pretty cool. lemme know when you want to hit up rausch creek

Old 03-06-2012, 02:45 PM

Sounds good , I have a lot of friends who want to go check out rausch creek , I will let you know before we decide to come down , once we do I think we'll become regulars . Yea the v-8 is great , I friggen love it , and I can't wait to get in some mud . Also I'm still waiting to do the solid axle swap , once I get the kit it's going on . And I still have to order the roll cage , it's getting close to race season so I'm starting to feel the pressure . Tomorrow I hope to get the summit ignition box installed and the hood pins also my bosses daughter needs me to change some parts on her car , but its going to be beutiful out tomorrow so it should be a good day in the shop .

Last edited by atvwarrior; 03-06-2012 at 10:37 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:38 PM

I made a few more purchases today , I bought a new grill , because we smashed the old one pushing it into the shop with my buddies Geo tracker . And I also bought a rebuild kit for the Dana 30 , and a posi lock to engage the 4x4 . I'll be posting more pictures soon . I am still waiting on the kit from 4wdfactory , and there is no phone number to contact them , I have no clue what is going on . I hate having that kind of money out there and no way to contact the person , its a little scary . They are in Texas so it probably will take awhile to get here though .

Old 03-07-2012, 07:56 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

Plan on selling the posi-lok when you do the sas?

Old 03-08-2012, 01:55 PM

The posi-lok is for the Dana 30 axle , I should go down to auto zone and get new wheel bearings for the s10 while there still under warranty , but I'm ready right now to do the SAS , I'm just waiting for parts . I did go purchase the G20 van that I have been talking about , and washed it and made a parts list for the tune up . For a van this thing is bad , one night on the way home from work we stopped at the bar and when we left my Buddie stays floor this b***h so I got right in the center of the road and held the brakes and matted it , it started walking sideways down the road , we left a nice duel tire burn out for about 75 ft .

UPS just showed up with this

Last edited by atvwarrior; 03-08-2012 at 02:49 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:32 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Sweet the sas kit is here

Quick Reply: 1994 v8 4x4 s10 blazer tahoe